Views
Helpful
Replies

QSFP compatibility - HPE Proliant and Cisco Nexus

config tea
Beginner
Beginner

Hello,

There is probably a simple answer to this but I had to check - If I want fibre connectivity between a Nexus C3132Q-40GX and a HPE Proliant DL380 Gen9 (FDR/Ethernet 2-Port 544+QSFP) then I need a Cisco QSFP on one end and a HPE QSFP on the other?

I'm not sure if the QSFPs are cross-platform compatible as I'm currently trying to use 2x Cisco QSFPs between the devices and the switch port is not coming up.

Thanks for your suggestions.

1 Accepted Solution

Accepted Solutions

marce1000
VIP
VIP

- The only requirement is that both end use compatible SFPs for their own model , (and that the speed matches) ; for Cisco look at
                                                  Cisco Optics-to-Device Compatibility Matrix

M.

-- ' 'Good body every evening' ' this sentence was once spotted on a logo at the entrance of a Weight Watchers Club !

View solution in original post

2 Replies 2

marce1000
VIP
VIP

- The only requirement is that both end use compatible SFPs for their own model , (and that the speed matches) ; for Cisco look at
                                                  Cisco Optics-to-Device Compatibility Matrix

M.

-- ' 'Good body every evening' ' this sentence was once spotted on a logo at the entrance of a Weight Watchers Club !

Thank you very much!

Getting Started

Find answers to your questions by entering keywords or phrases in the Search bar above. New here? Use these resources to familiarize yourself with the community: