cancel
Views
Helpful
Replies

SFP28 10G/25G-LR-S to SFP+ 10G-LR-S not working

routerospf
Level 1
Level 1

I am getting no link between a C9500-48Y4C and C3650 (via trunk) when I attempt to use two different optics at either end.

Can anyone provide insight on anything that I am missing, because at this point I imagine there may be programming issues on the transceivers. As a side note, in the past I was able to get this concept to function between Cisco 9407s (SFP28 10G/25G-LR), and Juniper QFXs (SFP+10G-LR).   I am replacing our distribution switches with 9500s, and I am using 10/25G optics on the down links and the far-end (access/edge) side is typically running a 10G-LR or 1G optic.

Here is my scenario now:

9500 SFP28 10G/25G-LR trunk link to 3650 SFP+10G-LR ( the 10g/25g optics work between 2 9500s, so they seem to work in some fashion)

1 Accepted Solution

Accepted Solutions

Glad all is good we mark it as resolved now, yes if you lowering the speed (on multi-gig speed , you need to specify the speed sometimes to work)

BB

***** Rate All Helpful Responses *****

How to Ask The Cisco Community for Help

View solution in original post

3 Replies 3

balaji.bandi
Hall of Fame
Hall of Fame

I had come across same issue some time back cisco to cisco

SFP28 10G/25G-LR-S to SFP+ 10G-LR-S   - Failed to i have to replace both end same to fix the issue.

BB

Replacing the optics resolved the issue. I did notice you will need to manually set the speed for either 10G or 25G depending on what kinda of link your doing.

Glad all is good we mark it as resolved now, yes if you lowering the speed (on multi-gig speed , you need to specify the speed sometimes to work)

BB

Getting Started

Find answers to your questions by entering keywords or phrases in the Search bar above. New here? Use these resources to familiarize yourself with the community: