cancel
Views
Helpful
Replies

Single Channel between two 10 Gb data Muxponders band C

hadekhadek
Level 1
Level 1

I would like to install a direct trunk link between the trunk ports of two muxponders on a 15454. Does it need any special configuration using CTC or it's automatic? The client ports will be GE abd FC. Should i use GCC Termination ?

Thanks in advance

8 Replies 8

drolemc
Level 6
Level 6

The digital wrapper's general communication channel (GCC) enables a separate communications channel, versus the section DCC/regenerator section DCC (SDCC/RSDCC) in SONET/SDH signals, to be used by the platform when transparent signals are transported. This GCC enables the Cisco ONS 15454 to extend its advanced network autodiscovery capabilities to DWDM-based services

Thank you, I understand from your answer that GCC is used for Nodes discovery in the network and it is also used for link signaling as a separate channel.

I think i didnt clarify my first question :

- I have two Muxponder cards: MXP_MR_10DME_C that i would like to interconnect directly using there trunk ports(OC192/STM64) to transport GE and FC traffic without using other DWDM cards. Would GCC be necessary to have the trunk link up or no need ? From client ports side, will i need to put anything to specify that its a GE or FC link to bring the link up or its totally transparent?

In the past, muxponder cards could be interconnected over a fiber pair without any GCC/DCC active (default mode). The interconnected shelves would need to be managed via the LAN at each office, as they can not be reached through the overhead channels.

The 10DME card will require you to install a pluggable optics module (SFP) for each FC/GE to be transported. You will need to provision the card so it understands the services being inputted to each port (SFP).

The card may also require you to provision the line port's wavelength, although the cards probably default to the same wavelength from the factory.

I'm not sure what you are actually trying to accomplish. I hope I have provided some assistance.

This drawing may explain the kind of solution i am looking for:

GE -- | | Trunk | | --GE

|MXP|------------------|MXP|

FC -- | | | | --FC

I did undertsand from your answer that after:

- Provisionning the cards, the client ports and the SFPs.

- Checking if the cards have the same wavelenght in the line port.

After that; Then solution should be working and all the links should come up.

For the access management of the two ONSs (15454 by the way), i will have to rely on the Ethernet ports. GCC channel does not work like an OSC channel to manage both equipments.

Is it correct ?

Sorry, after posting the drawing was not clear, here is a description (same Trunk is used and one card in each side):

GE -- MXP1 <-------------> MXP2 -- GE

FC -- MXP1 <-------------> MXP2 -- FC

As outlined by drolemc, the GCC can be used just like the overhead on SONET/SDH or OSC channel. It can be used to provide a management link between network elements. Your previous posts just seemed to lean towards limited provisioning.

The Muxponder cards provide virtual fiber links for the GE to GE and FC to FC circuits; similar to interconnecting the circuits over separate fiber pairs.

Hope this helps.

It's much more clear now! Thank you all for your support.

U have got the answer that u can carry GE/FC over your muxponder card.

My 2 cents regarding access management. From one of your message that u r directly connecting these cards.

So ur r using SONET (SDCC/RSDCC) as ur using this as SONET card not DWDM. These SDCC/RSDCC are accessed through ur ethernet port to manage both equipment.

If u take this muxponder over Normal DWDM box then OSC is used. This is out band management channel (or out band siganlling for management of node) OC-3 rate.

If u take this muxponder over GMPLS ready DWDM box then that box will add GCC (like RDCC of SONET)to this rate. Like RDCC, GCC is also a in band signalling.

"GCC channel does not work like an OSC channel to manage both equipments.

"

As per my knowledge GCC can manage ur both equipment plus it has feature of dropping GCC to Non ONS node (or third party) and see that non ONS node in ur management.

I think GCC is better than OSC, as in GMPLS network provisioning is much easier and powerful than OSC based network.

Getting Started

Find answers to your questions by entering keywords or phrases in the Search bar above. New here? Use these resources to familiarize yourself with the community: