cancel
Views
Helpful
Replies

Tranceiver 1 GB to 10 GB

yekilaros
Level 1
Level 1

Currently I have a SW Cisco Catalyst 2960X-48FPS-L, which has SFP Gbics and a fiber of 10 GB to connect from this SW to another Cisco Catalyst 2960X-48FPD-L which supports SFP+ 10 GB.

Could you help on choose the right tranceiver to uplink 1 GB to 10 GB in the Cisco Catalyst 2960X-48FPS-L ?

Or Do I need just to verify if programming the SW 48FPS-L, I can uplink current SFP to support SFP+?

Please confirm if possible.

Thank you

4 Replies 4

Tom Randstrom
VIP Alumni
VIP Alumni

Unfortunately, you are not able to directly connect a 1Gbps optical transceiver to a 10Gbps optical transceiver. You can install a 1Gbps SFP in the SFP+ slot to connect at 1Gbps between the two switches. The link below shows the transceivers compatible with the 2960X-48FPD-L switch.

TRANSCEIVER COMPATIBILITY

https://tmgmatrix.cisco.com/?si=2960X-48FPD-L

balaji.bandi
Hall of Fame
Hall of Fame

2960X-48FPD-L  - has 2 port below ports

Uplink Interfaces

2 x 10G SFP+

Depends on distance, you can use 10G-SR for Multi Mode  10G-LR Long reach

https://www.cisco.com/c/en/us/products/collateral/interfaces-modules/transceiver-modules/data_sheet_c78-455693.html

BB

***** Rate All Helpful Responses *****

How to Ask The Cisco Community for Help

Correct, but the switch 2960X-48FPS-L at the other end of the link doesn't support a 10Gbps interface.  Unless I do not understand the question being posed. 

@Tom Randstrom - you are right, apology ,i have not looked (think both the side models same) but its not

2960X-48FPS-L  - has only 1GB uplink as you stated, so no other Option going with 1GB SFP here.

BB

***** Rate All Helpful Responses *****

How to Ask The Cisco Community for Help

Getting Started

Find answers to your questions by entering keywords or phrases in the Search bar above. New here? Use these resources to familiarize yourself with the community: