Views
Helpful
Replies

WAN PHY Configuration,

Pok LY
Level 1
Level 1

Dear All,

Is there any requirement to reload the card when changing from LAN PHY to WAN PHY?

ASR 9001

A9K-MPA-4X10GE

Regards, Pok.

2 Accepted Solutions

Accepted Solutions

On 7600, definetly not. but not sure on asr9k

View solution in original post

If its STM64 then 99% it wil be in WANPHY mode or ONT mode, but need to identify the actual operating mode on it, bcos if its in ONT then need to change the mode on router side as well. Also verify the SFPs at both ends, its should be OC192LR

View solution in original post

8 Replies 8

On 7600, definetly not. but not sure on asr9k

Hi Vivek,

Can you advise and step to configure WAN PHY,

In Cisco Doc I found only two commands

interface tenGi0/0/1/1

transport-mode wan

controller wanphy 0/0/1/1

wanmode on

after that I saw the port not up.

Regards, Pok.

On 7600, we didn't add "wanmode on" under controller. Rest config is same.

Can you also check on the other end, how its configured ?

I have try with the guideline but seem no hope.

http://www.cisco.com/c/en/us/td/docs/routers/asr9000/software/asr9k_r4-3/interfaces/command/reference/b_interfaces_cr43xasr9k/b_interfaces_cr43xasr9k_chapter_010100.html

Regards, Pok.

Ok, so it shows your configuration is correct. But have you verified the other end config ? is other end operating in same WANPHY mode or ONT mode or LAN PHY??

We are connecting to our MUX stm64 and the mapping is stm64c. The port on the router receive signal as normal but won't come up both are down/down.

If its STM64 then 99% it wil be in WANPHY mode or ONT mode, but need to identify the actual operating mode on it, bcos if its in ONT then need to change the mode on router side as well. Also verify the SFPs at both ends, its should be OC192LR

It is working now the problem is our MUX.

Thank you very much for your advise.

Regards, Pok.