cancel
Views
Helpful
Replies

ACI/APIC OpenStack - Metadata Service?

jcrawfordie
Level 1
Level 1

Performing a PoC of ACI/APIC Neutron integration with OpenStack Juno [0]. My network node doesn't have the router namespace that would normally proxy the metadata HTTP requests as the L3 is being provided by ACI.

The difficulty is cloud-images  query this service on boot for various instance properties including the public key for login!

Is there some other way of implementing this service *or* have I made a mistake in my install?

[0]

Installing the Cisco APIC OpenStack Driver - Installing the Cisco APIC OpenStack Driver [Cisco Application Policy Infr…

1 Accepted Solution

Accepted Solutions

mcohen2
Level 4
Level 4

Yes, metadata service is of course supported.  If you are using this heavily, I recommend reaching out through your sales team to get the latest update to the plugins, which has a distributed metadata proxy running on each compute node (which will be available in GA form early next month).

For your specific issue, there is a bit of configuration that may be missing in the dhcp agent we need in some distros.  You would need to use this to enable isolated_subnets function and restart the dhcp agent.  Give that a try.  Its only needed on the older versions of the plugin but may be the issue you are hitting.

patch_metadata - Google Drive

View solution in original post

2 Replies 2

mcohen2
Level 4
Level 4

Yes, metadata service is of course supported.  If you are using this heavily, I recommend reaching out through your sales team to get the latest update to the plugins, which has a distributed metadata proxy running on each compute node (which will be available in GA form early next month).

For your specific issue, there is a bit of configuration that may be missing in the dhcp agent we need in some distros.  You would need to use this to enable isolated_subnets function and restart the dhcp agent.  Give that a try.  Its only needed on the older versions of the plugin but may be the issue you are hitting.

patch_metadata - Google Drive

This worked perfectly. My instances now receive a static route for the metadata proxy via the DHCP namespace and can get their startup parameters (including the public key) correctly now. Many thanks