cancel
Views
Helpful
Replies

API command that would GET "next-available-network&quot

ObieLesch
Level 1
Level 1

Looking for an API command that would allow me to GET "next-available-network". This would be used when subnetting a larger network into dedicated project LANs. This would be used based on a range or possible EA. For example a network range of 10.0.0.0 to 10.0.100.0 would be used for dedicated project network ranging in size from a /29 to a /24 and sliced up accordingly. I want use the command to GET and assign the next available network of a specified size. By assign I mean assigning a Name, VLAN ID, and other EA's such as site location. I would also be using some like Get "last_host_IP" to assign the network gateway. Does anyone know if commands like these exist? My end goal is to not only make the network reservations in Infoblox but to also take the output and use it in an autoprovising tool such as StackStorm to make network hardware configurations.

Currently all this is done via a manual process, identifying the network, filing in a net_add.csv file and importing it though the Infoblox GUI. Then of course logging into all the appropriate network devices to make the configuration changes manually.

0 Replies 0