Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
cancel
Views
Helpful
Replies
Beginner

CISCO Router Interface Coomands

I am reading book 'CCNA Routing and Switiching Study Guide - Lammle, Todd' wherein there was a command to create an interface (int f0/0).

On CISCO Router command when I am giving a command Corp(Config)#int f0/0

It is displaying error message as "Invalid interface type and number". Please help me with this command.

4 REPLIES 4
Highlighted
VIP Advisor

Re: CISCO Router Interface Coomands

Hi @Benjamin669 

Just to rule out, there are routers that only have GigaEthernet interfaces.
Thy this commands:

Router(config)#do show running-config

Router(config)#do show interfaces

Router(config)#int g0/0

Regards

Highlighted
VIP Expert

Interfaces are seldom "created" by a configuration command. The platform defines them. You can then, generally, configured what's defined on the platform.

Luis already mentioned your device might not have an actual fa0/0, as it might be a gi0/0 instead you might not have any 0/0 device.

Outside of config mode, "sh int" might be used too (the "do" command is to allow executive commands while in config mode).
Highlighted

We will talk about Cisco router basic commands like assigning IP address to an interface, bringing up an interface, applying enable and secret password.
Highlighted
Beginner

In order to help us complete the basic configuration of our Cisco routers, this lesson introduces the use of configuration modes, and how they interact to help us configure the router from the command-line interface.

CreatePlease to create content
This widget could not be displayed.