cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
cancel
Views
Helpful
Replies

How are you solving cloud sprawl and hybrid cloud security risks? Shadow IT?

jikeefer
Level 5
Level 5

Interesting data from the Cloud Index forecasting the growth of global data center and cloud‑based IP traffic.

How many cloud services does your company use right now?

Is your company struggling with Shadow IT where internal groups are using public cloud services without looping in IT? I have to say, I am guilty of using marketing and social media public cloud tools without telling IT.  (Not at Cisco, but another employer  .) There are so many marketing and social tools and file sharing tools that it is easy to use them without understanding the security risks.

SMGraphic_AvgUsev1_Jan112016.JPG

4 Replies 4

Richardkm
Level 1
Level 1

On the security front, Cisco has its Umbrella and CloudLock platforms; in collaboration it has cloud-based Spark and WebEx.

MyAccountAccess Login

Niamh69
Level 1
Level 1

I appreciate the information and advice you have shared.

Drum69
Level 1
Level 1

@jikeefer wrote: mypepsico

Interesting data from the Cloud Index forecasting the growth of global data center and cloud‑based IP traffic.

How many cloud services does your company use right now?

Is your company struggling with Shadow IT where internal groups are using public cloud services without looping in IT? I have to say, I am guilty of using marketing and social media public cloud tools without telling IT.  (Not at Cisco, but another employer  .) There are so many marketing and social tools and file sharing tools that it is easy to use them without understanding the security risks.

The best way to mitigate cloud sprawl is to manage cloud use; organizations should start by establishing clear user policies and ensuring ongoing communication between business departments. In addition, organizations should monitor and enforce their cloud computing policies by using cloud management tools.

codeharbor48
Level 1
Level 1

A lot of people care about the security of their cloud storage and device. I recommend you the article how to protect yourself from cyber threats:

https://blog.codeharbor.dev/2022/06/17/mobile-app-common-cybersecurity-threats-and-how-to-mitigate-them/

Getting Started

Find answers to your questions by entering keywords or phrases in the Search bar above. New here? Use these resources to familiarize yourself with the community: