cancel
Views
Helpful
Replies

1750 IOS Deferals, I need a good IOS Recomendation

NPT_2
Level 2
Level 2

I am running Multiple 1750 Routers with 4 E&M Voice Ports Each. These routers connect to a legacy PBX and over a T1 connects back to a central 3640, then to another Legacy PBX. The problem I am running into is that every single version of IOS that I have ran on these Routers seem to be deffered for Various voice related issues. I was having so much trouble with the 12.1T line that I moved totally out of 12.1 and up to 12.2. I have run 12.21a, 12.21b, 12.21c, and then 12.2.3. All of those versions were deffered and now with 8 MB's of flash and 32 DRAM my only choice in the 12.2 main line is 12.21. I had a TAC engineer tell me that if 12.21a, b, and c were deffered perhaps 12.21 might be soon too. I need a stable IOS release for the 1750's that will run on 8 MB's of Flash and 32MB's of DRAM that does not have any VOIP related serious problems. I would prefer to run something in the 12.2 line but it looks like not many choices are available there and they will likely to be deffered soon as well. It seems I am running a differant IOS every week. What are your thoughts for a good IOS in 12.1 or 12.2?

4 Replies 4

beth-martin
Level 5
Level 5

That’s the joy of riding the feature train. It’s getting more and more stable but like any new feature, it takes awhile to stabilize.

ebattams
Level 1
Level 1

I have run into the same problems you are experiencing with the 1750's using 2 E&M ports. The latest release I have tried is 12.2(5) which gets past most of the deferrals. The ip/voice plus image will fit on a 1750 router with 8Mb Flash 32Mb Ram as thats what I have put on the routers I am having problems with. I have had a problem with the PBX's not picking up calls with 12.2(5) but I believe this was a configuration issue not an IOS issue, but am testing this tomorrow so will let you know.

Recently I just moved our 1750's to 12.2(1) and it seems quite stable, at least much more so than any other image we have run. As for your calls not going through, I would check your voice port configuration, I have found that several 12.2 images want to add a timing statement to the voice ports when you flash the ios that prevents the PBX from answering. If you have any timing statements under your voice port lines you might want to remove them and see if that helps.

ebattams
Level 1
Level 1

Upgraded the IOS to 12.2(5) yesterday and all seems very stable. The upgrade did change the Dialout Delay from 300ms to 70ms which caused the PBX's not to answer the calls. Reset these values back to 300ms and all seems to be working fine.