cancel
Views
Helpful
Replies

1750 IOS Deferals, I need a good IOS Recomendation

NPT_2
Level 2
Level 2

I am running Multiple 1750 Routers with 4 E&M Voice Ports Each in several locations. These routers connect to a legacy PBX and over T1 Lines back to a central 3640, then to another Legacy PBX. The problem I am running into is that every single version of IOS that I have ran on these Routers seem to be deffered for Various voice related issues. I was having so much trouble with the 12.1T line that I moved totally out of 12.1 and up to 12.2. I have run 12.21a, 12.21b, 12.21c, and then 12.2.3. All of those versions were deffered and now with 8 MB's of flash and 32 DRAM my only choice in the 12.2 main line is 12.21. I had a TAC engineer tell me that if 12.21a, b, and c were deffered perhaps 12.21 might be soon too. I need a stable IOS release for the 1750's that will run on 8 MB's of Flash and 32MB's of DRAM that does not have any VOIP related serious problems. I would prefer to run something in the 12.2 line but it looks like not many choices are available there and they will likely to be deffered soon as well. It seems I am running a differant IOS every week. What are your thoughts for a good IOS in 12.1 or 12.2?

3 Replies 3

litrenta
Level 3
Level 3

You don't say what feature set you are running, but for voice I would recommend 12.2(5) mainline with ip plus feature set.

c1700-sy-mz.12.2-5 32/8

Sam

I would prefer to run 12.2(5) main line as well but the IP/Plus Voice will not run with the 1750's 8 MB's of Flash and 32 MB's of DRAM.

bertino
Level 1
Level 1

I don't know about the 1750's but the 3640 has major issues right now. We had a T1 and four FXO boards in one and...

No ring-back (ringing while the caller is being transferred)

Intermitted problems parking and conferancing

No double rings on external calls, single rings on inside calls.

We tried a number of patches, most gave DSP errors after 12-24 hours...

I have a VG200 for the FXO ports and a 6509 for the T1.. Until Cisco figures it out. It has been running smooth for the home office.. All the remote sites are 2611's and have the same issues as before.

Is a no ring-back issue big for anyone else? It's driving my co-workers and our customers crazy...

don

Getting Started

Find answers to your questions by entering keywords or phrases in the Search bar above. New here? Use these resources to familiarize yourself with the community: