cancel
Views
Helpful
Replies

2 questions

admin_2
Level 3
Level 3

Thanks once again for all of the awesome help you all have provided, I really rely on this forum, and I want you to know I appreciate your support.<br><br>2 questions:<br><br>1.) I am planning to move my Unity box and 2 Call Manager boxes to another building. This means the boxes will receive new IP addys. I know that it will be necessary to specify the new IP's of the CM boxes in the TSP, anything else that I need to be aware of? Potential pitfalls? <br><br>2.) the wierdest thing. Some of my users are complaining that when they retrieve their messages from Unity, there is a 3-30 second delay between when they type in their password and when they hear their name announced. We thought this had to do with large mailboxes (when we moved all the messages out of their mailboxes and into a .pst file, the delay vanished, but then when we moved the messages back, the delay was still gone!).<br><br>Any ideas?<br><br>Thanks! <br><br>

1 Reply 1

Not applicable

1. shouldn't be any issues with Unity if you change the IP addresses. So long as DNS is flying right we should be cool.

2. When you pulled all the messages out and then imported them again from PST Exchange rebuilt the inbox nice and compact. It's not just the size of the inbox that matters it's how fragmented the store is that can affect the filter times (i.e. when we ask Exchange to return to us all the counts of each of the message types in the inbox it takes it a while to get that info). Make sure your online defragger in Exchange is finishing to completion on a regular basis, I've seen this cause problems before. If you haven't allowed enough time for it to run every night, for instance, it may be leaving folks at the end of the process out in the cold. Also, doing a full off line defrag of Exchange every so often is necessary as the message store will eventually get fragmented over time regardless.

Jeff Lindborg
Unity Technical Lead/Answer Monkey
Cisco Systems
lindborg@cisco.com
http://www.AnswerMonkey.net (new page for Unity support tools and scripts)