cancel
Views
Helpful
Replies

2901 Router - C2901-VSEC/K9

ciscojoe837
Level 1
Level 1

I'm looking to get the C2901-VSEC/K9 router with voice bundle under this SKU.  What other additional licenses do I need for use with 8 IP phones with voicemail?  Also, it says that it comes with 512 MB memory.  Do I need to add more memory?  The spec sheet for cme cue says at least 1 GB so I'm surprised it this bundle doesn't come with enough memory.

5 Replies 5

Mohammad Azzeh
Level 1
Level 1

Hi ciscojoe837,

For the memory, Its fine with that amount of phones. 

For the phones, you need to add CME/SRST seats. Each phone need a seat.

For voice mail, you need to add Internal Service Module, Choose Unity Connection Express version to run with it, choose language option and finally count of mailboxes you need. note that by default, CUX comes with 2 IVR ports so no need to add more for 8 users.

Attached CCW config file with these components, I believe this could be useful for you.

- Plz rate if useful, and hit correct if answers your question

Mzee

Thanks for that.

Can you review what I have below and let me note any corrections I would need.  Thanks a lot.

Sample Bill of Materials to Order:

(Let's assume Memory is upgraded anyway and working with 8 x CP-7975G= phones)

1x C2901-VSEC/K9 (Cisco 2901 Voice Bundle, PVDM3-16 UC License PAK FL-CUBE10)

1x MEM-2900-1GB= (Add memory to meet spec., may be fine without)

2x FL-CME-SRST-5=  (10 Seat Licenses)

8x SW-CCME-UL-ENH (8 Enhanced Endpoint Licenses for 7975G=)

And from what you are saying I would also need (which I didn't think I would need):

1x ISM-SRE-300-K9 (Internal Service Module (ISM) with Service Ready Engine)

And the Smartnet would be:

CON-SNT-2901VSEC (8x5 NBD, TAC)

Is that right for the Smartnet?  Is there any other Smartnets I would need?

Note the 2901 is not a kind of Small Business product thus you are off-topic here. If you wish for responses, use blue [ EDIT ] button to move thread to Other Collaboration, Voice, and Video Subjects, please.

This discussion has been reposted from Other Network Infrastructure Subjects to the Other Collaboration, Voice, and Video Subjects community.

Hi,

Sorry for late response. well, yes that sounds good. The ISM and Unity license is needed if you want Unity express, otherwise you are OK.

The Enhanced license are recommended to be included for the phones, but it is not a force registration license. Means phones can register and operate normally without it. However, if you requires additional services like Jabber on CME, then you must include it.

- Mzee

Getting Started

Find answers to your questions by entering keywords or phrases in the Search bar above. New here? Use these resources to familiarize yourself with the community: