cancel
Views
Helpful
Replies

3560 Policy-Map Verification

Aaron Harrison
VIP Alumni
VIP Alumni

I'm setting up a 3560 in a lab environment for QOS...

Basically I can set the ports to trust attached Cisco IP phones and properly change the COS-DSCP maps and can see this working on a QOS enabled router passed later in the network.

However, I've also set up a policy to classify incoming traffic on ports that may not classify their own packets correctly - relevant output is below.

LAB1#sho access-list

Extended IP access list VOICE

permit udp any any eq 1

permit udp any any range 16384 32767

Extended IP access list VOICE_CONTROL

permit tcp any any range 2000 2002

permit tcp any range 2000 2002 any

permit udp any any eq 2427

permit udp any eq 2427 any

permit tcp any any eq 1720

permit tcp any eq 1720 any

permit tcp any any range 11000 11999

permit tcp any range 11000 11999 any

LAB1#show class

Class Map match-any class-default (id 0)

Match any

Class Map match-all VOICE_CONTROL (id 1)

Match access-group name VOICE_CONTROL

Class Map match-all VOICE (id 2)

Match access-group name VOICE

LAB1#show policy-map

Policy Map CLASSIFY_VOICE

class VOICE

set ip dscp 46

class VOICE_CONTROL

set ip dscp 26

interface FastEthernet0/1

description HQ

switchport access vlan 3

switchport mode access

no ip address

priority-queue out

service-policy input CLASSIFY_VOICE

no mdix auto

spanning-tree portfast

end

However, when I do a show policy-map int fa 0/1, I receive the following output:

LAB1#show policy-map int fa 0/1

FastEthernet0/1

service-policy input: CLASSIFY_VOICE

class-map: VOICE (match-all)

0 packets, 0 bytes

5 minute offered rate 0 bps, drop rate 0 bps

match: access-group name VOICE

set:

ip dscp 46qm_inform_features_ps_action: CLASS_SHOW

class-map: VOICE_CONTROL (match-all)

0 packets, 0 bytes

match: access-group name VOICE_CONTROL

set:

ip dscp 26qm_inform_features_ps_action: CLASS_SHOW

class-map: class-default (match-any)

0 packets, 0 bytes

match: any

0 packets, 0 bytes

5 minute rate 0 bps

No traffic is matching these policies - there is a 3.3 CallMangler on this port, other ports have various gateways/routers/transcoders etc and show the same even though I can verify that (for example) an active transcoder session exists....

Anyone know what I'm doing wrong?

Aaron Please remember to rate helpful posts to identify useful responses, and mark 'Answered' if appropriate!
3 Replies 3

mcotrone
Level 3
Level 3

I have had this same problem on the 3550 platform, but I had always pawned it off on having the SMI image instead of the EMI image. I had the exact same results as you are stating above. Here is what I have found about EMI vs SMI

The Cisco Catalyst 3560 Series is available in the Standard Multilayer Software Image(SMI) or the Enhanced Multilayer Software Image (EMI). The SMI feature set includes advanced quality of service (QoS), rate limiting, access control lists (ACLs), and basic static and Routing Information Protocol (RIP) routing functionality. The EMI provides a richer set of enterprise-class features, including advanced hardware-based IP unicast and IP multicast routing, policy based routing (PBR), and the Web Cache Communication Protocol(WCCP). After initial deployment, the Catalyst 3560 EMI Upgrade Kit gives users the flexibility to upgrade to the EMI.

I am not sure if they conside our manual marking of of 802.p PBR or not which is in the EMI.

Which version do you have? Try the EMI image if you have SMI and let me know what the results are.

Thanks!!

Mike

Hi Mike

Thanks for the response...

I actually loaded the EMI version earlier in the week to allow me to run EIGRP on the switch - so the theory goes that I should have full functionality.

I've loaded a fairly 'old' version of software on (ver 12.1(19)) as I believe that this is the version used (albeit on a 3550) on the CCIE Voice lab . It would be quite handy to know whether this is something I'm missing, also whether the same happens on a 3550???

Anyone?

Aaron Please remember to rate helpful posts to identify useful responses, and mark 'Answered' if appropriate!

Unfortunately I have had the exact same thing on my lab 3550.

121-19.EA1a.bin

This has been bugging me lately since I had to halt QOS marking for a customer who was using a 3560 while waiting for their 10/100/1000 6500 blade..

I guess we'll have to open a TAC case. I can't see how the configs are wrong.

- Create class map --> policy --> service-policy to port.

Weird.