Views
Helpful
Replies

3750 - Show mls qos interface statistics

roadhouse1387
Level 1
Level 1

Hi All,

Sorry if this is posted in the wrong place but can anyone shed any light on the meaning of the five columns given in the output for the following command on a 3750 ?

Show Mls Qos Interface <interface id> Statistics

Many Thanks

Shaun

4 Replies 4

markanthony
Level 1
Level 1

it tells you how many packets for each DSCP and COS class inbound as well as outbound. It is especially good for troubleshooting.

e-chuah
Level 1
Level 1

i have problem interpreting it as well in the beginning.

If u look at it carefully, at the left most column, it has some thing like..

0-4 a b c d e

5-9

etc..

the value of

a = counter for packets with dscp=0

b = counter for packets with dscp=1

e = counter for packets with dscp =4

the same thing applies..

rate this post if it helps..

Thanks Guys,

I can see that it counts the number of ingress and egress packets for each DSCP and COS value, but what does each column mean ?

In the output they are untitled, so i have no idea if, for example, the first four relate to queues ? or not. I would imagine that drops would be in there somewhere, but in its 'show' output state, and without a knowledge of the meaning of the columns this output is next to useless. I cant find anything on Cisco web site either, the information is just too general.

Idealy what i am hoping for is to findout that column 1 shows X, column 2 shows Y and so on.

Many thanks for any further help.

Cheers

Shaun

I think that this is my first post, so I hope it will be useful ;-)

It's indeed very strange, I faced the same problem before, so I tried to check older switches, and I was able to find what these values are, for example, if You check the link :

Understanding QoS Policing and Marking on the Catalyst 3550

http://www.cisco.com/en/US/products/hw/switches/ps646/products_tech_note09186a00800feff5.shtml

You will find that these five fields mean:

incoming   no_change       classified      policed    dropped (in pkts)

This is a description of the fields in the example:

• Incoming—shows how many packets arrive from each           direction

• NO_change—shows how many packets were trusted (such           as QoS level not changed)

• Classified—shows how many packets have been assigned           this internal DSCP after classification

• Policed—shows how many packets were marked down by           policing; DSCP shown before markdown.

• Dropped—shows how many packets were dropped by           policing