Views
Helpful
Replies

3rd party troubleshooting tools

henrick16
Level 1
Level 1

Hello,

I am looking for recommendations on what 3rd party tools are best to use when troubleshooting issues with Call Manager or Cisco Gateways such as Notepad ++.   I

6 Replies 6

TranslatorX is one must. Real Time Monitoring Tool (RTMT) is also a great asset.

Response Signature

Kathy N.
VIP
VIP

I also agree that RTMT helps although I think a network management tool provides better end-to-end access to view QoS, jitter, latency, etc.  Unfortunately we don't have one but I've seen demonstrations from IR.com and SolarWinds and MS has a network management system that provides some tools.

If you need to help remote users with desk phones, I recommend Uplinx which is a phone emulation tool that lets us see what the user is doing on the phone.  It also lets us remote "touch" the device so we can troubleshoot problems reported by the user.  This really helps when we are trying to work with remote users.

Response Signature

Thank You, I will check out your recommendations.

Jonathan Schulenberg
Hall of Fame
Hall of Fame

UnifiedFX also warrants a mention here.

https://www.unifiedfx.com

The UnifiedFX guys and their products are awesome. I love PhoneView, for instance.

Maren

Thank you

Getting Started

Find answers to your questions by entering keywords or phrases in the Search bar above. New here? Use these resources to familiarize yourself with the community: