Views
Helpful
Replies

411 dialing problem

tarun.pahuja
Level 1
Level 1

Folks,

Here is my issue. I have a H323 gateway to the PSTN. My internal phone # are 4 digit in 4xxx and 5xxx range. There fore I have the following dial-peers.

dial-peer voice 10 Voip

destination-pattern [4-5]...

session-target ipv4:10.x.x.x

In addition to the above dial-peer i have 4 dial peers for local,longdistance, and internaltional, and emergency.

Dial-peer voice 1 pots

destination-pattern 911

forward-digits-all

port 1/0:23

Dial-peer voice 2 pots

destination-pattern [2-9]......

forward-digits-all

Dial-peer voice 3 pots

destination-pattern [2-9]..[2-9]......

forward-digits-all

Dial-peer voice 4 pots

destination-pattern 1[2-9]..[2-9]......

forward-digits-all

Dial-peer voice 5 pots

Incoming-called-number .

The problem that i am having that as soon as i include the following dial-peer in my configuration, call routing does not work that way i want it to work. The dial-peer causing confussion is as follows:

dial-peer voice 10 pots

destination-pattern 411

forward-digits-all

As soon as i include the dial peer in my configuration, users trying to get extension 4117 from the PSTN, end up getting directory assitance message from 411.

Is their any correct way of letting internal users use 411 service without using 9.@ route-pattern?

Thanks

Dial-peer voice 1 pots

destination-pattern 911

forward-digits-all

3 Replies 3

rnarayana
Level 5
Level 5

Hello,

The reason why it is happening is there is no direct in ward dial configured on any of the incoming pots dial-peers.Because of this router enters two stage dialing where it collects digits one by one and as soon as it finds the match it routes the call.So when PSTN user want to reach 4117 ,router collects each digit and as soon as 411 is matched it routes the call.

to avoid this you can disable variable length matching by putting $ sign at the end of destination patten.I feel this should solve your problem.

Other wise try to put direct-inward-dial on the incomingn pots dial peer.when this command is is there no matter what the router matches depending on the complete called number.

I hope this helps.

Thanks,

Radhika.

Radhika,

Thank you very much for your answer. I must admit that i forgot to include direct-inward-dialing in my configuration when i tried to recreate the configuration for this forum.

My dial-peer for as follows:

dial-peer voice 5 pots

incoming-called number .

direct-inward-dialing

My question is that i direct-inward-dialing is enabled why is router trying to match the complete string coming from the PSTN. My understanding if direct-inward-dialing is that the digits are sent to the callmanager as they come from the PSTN. That means that if someone dialed 4117 from the PSTN, the router would send these digits 1 by 1 to the callmanager as they come. AM i understanding the concept correctly?

i am surprised that the router matched the 411 dialpeer for incoming called number 4117, so you are suggesting that i make modifications to the 411 dail peer.

destination-pattern 411$$$$

what would the $ do?

Thanks

Hello,

If direct inward dial is enabled you need not worry about the variable length matching .This comes in to play only in two staging dialing.When direct inward dial is enabled all the digits are got once and it is sent to callmanager.It is not digit by digit .That is only in two stage dialing.So when direct inward dial is enable and some one dials 4117 all the digits are sent to call manager at once.

Now to your problem since you have direct inward dial you need not disable the variable length match by puting $ at the end of destination pattern.

Try to put hunt-stop command on the dial-peers and see whther it fixes your problem.

FYI:http://www.cisco.com/univercd/cc/td/doc/product/software/ios122/122cgcr/fvvfax_c/vvfpeers.htm

Thanks,

Radhika.