cancel
Views
Helpful
Replies

4400G DMP and ELO 3200L - not working.

richard Beck
Level 1
Level 1

I have connected an ELO 3200L touchscreen display to my 4400 (5.2.2) device and the touch control doesn't work. The dmp detects the display and is listed in the DMP setup but touchscreen functionality isn't working.

Can any provide some assistance?

http://www.elotouch.com/products/ids/3200L/default.asp (APR)

7 Replies 7

pathyilbinu
Level 1
Level 1

Hi,

We faced the same issue. then we upgrade the 5.2.2 DMP to 5.2.3 & then it was resolved.

after upgrading when you again activate ELO touch screen the DMP GUI will ask you to touch the 4 corners of the touch screen for calibration.

after you touch its done.

Thanks for the reply.

I upgraded the firmware to 5.2.3 and still not working. According to my documentation i shouldn't have to calibrate the screen. The DMP does detect and recognize the display.

keithcroft
Level 1
Level 1

My design is a simple one:

A single DMM Server, one DMP and one ELO 4200LTouch Screen:

DMM/DMP V5.2.3

Issue Unable to detect or Calibrate ELO 4200LTouch Screen:

Troubleshooting -  acording to the documentation on the Elo site COM1 and COM2 ports on the back of my display are "software specific; for future use".  http://www.elotouch.com/products/ids/4200L/default.asp

Resolution: To allow the DMP to control the screen I used a USB cable from the back of the DMP to the Display's USB input.

Hope this helps.

-Keith

Has anyone found a resolution for this?  We are having the exact same issue as Richard, with no luck.  We also upgraded the DMP to the latest software.  We tried both 5.3.0 and 5.3.5, both unsuccessful.

Okay. We found that you have to include the 10 digit serial# of your ELO monitor converted to hexadecimal

Also when you send the message through the DMP admin interface, you just send the plain hex string.

If you prefix the hex string with "rs232.tx_hex=", it does not work.

If you leave out the "rs232.tx_hex=" part, the command works successfully.

The only time you need the "rs232.tx_hex=" part is when you are creating DMM Advanced Tasks.

We created 2 to turn the TV ON and OFF and can verify that they work.

I have a 3200L on demo and it's been a challenge make it turn on and off via serial. Keith, were you able to successfully use DMM Advanced Tasks to turn the LCD on and off as well? What string are you sending outside of the serial number; are hex spaces added between each character? Any input you could provide would be helpful, thanks!

This is a portion of theDMM 's  MIB output after running the "Off" command

rs232.device T_STRING /dev/ttyS1

rs232.speed T_STRING 9600

rs232.parity T_STRING none

rs232.data_size T_STRING 8

rs232.stop_bits T_STRING 1

rs232.flow_ctrl T_STRING none

rs232.tx_hex T_STRING rs232.tx_hex=026E8C4731314330323132363504D6F003

rs232.tx_str T_STRING

rs232.rx_buf T_STRING

rs232.rx_overflow_flag T_STRING false

rs232.tx_cnt T_STRING 0

rs232.rx_cnt T_STRING 0

When you send a RS232 message through the DMP admin interface, you just send the plain hex string. If you prefix the hex string with "rs232.tx_hex=", it does not work.

Note: The only time you need the "rs232.tx_hex=" part is when you are creating DMM Advanced Tasks.

I hope that this helps: Unfortunately I only have documented the off command.

The on command works just as well (if I could find where I stored it.  I do not have access to this system anymore for testing.

Good Luck!

-KeitH

Getting Started

Find answers to your questions by entering keywords or phrases in the Search bar above. New here? Use these resources to familiarize yourself with the community: