cancel
Views
Helpful
Replies

5.0.2 Upgrade to 5.1 Difficulties

Jeff Hostilo
Level 1
Level 1

Our DMS is currently running version 5.0.2 of the software. We have recently received the 5.1 upgrade as an .iso file that is 746 MB. Since it is over 700MB we cannot burn the image to a CD. We were able to burn an image to DVD, however, when we attempt to load to the server we receive an error stating that the CDROM cannot be mounted. Any help is much appreciated.

Thank you.

3 Replies 3

garyb
Level 1
Level 1

Hi.

Please try burning that ISO to a DVD instead of a CD, and burn it at the lowest speed that your PC supports.

I think this will solve the problem.

Good luck,

Gary

Hello, I work with Jeff Hostilo and am currently trying to figure out the DMM upgrade issue.  I have tried burning the image on different types of media and at all different speeds (2.4x, 4x and 8x).  I believe we are actually having a problem with the iso file itself as in it is not the correct size.  Whenever burning in Nero it gives a "invalid block size" error which does not show up when I burn with imgburn.  I also cannot view any of the files when mounting the ISO with Daemon tools or after the disk is burnt trying to explore the disk.

Here is a screenshot of the file attributes please verify:

-Greg Charles

Hi, Greg.

I think you might be right. I've checked and it looks like the correct size of that .ISO file should be 966,385,664 bytes.

Please contact whomever supplied you with that file and let them know it probably is invalid.

Thanks,

Gary

Getting Started

Find answers to your questions by entering keywords or phrases in the Search bar above. New here? Use these resources to familiarize yourself with the community: