cancel
Views
Helpful
Replies

7905 SIP

TexasBrandon
Level 1
Level 1

Found an old 7905 that my company had laying around and it apparently was setup for SIP.  Problem was, it kept asking for the phone load.  I manually pushed the load from my laptop to the phone just fine.  My next problem is, when I enter the phone into our CUCM 8.6 it will not register.  Rather than the phone saying "Registration Rejected" the actual CUCM says "Rejected" when you view the phone from the search box within the CUCM.  I want to get this phone back on SCCP but I am unsure as to how to convert back once it is SIP.  In fact, other than SIP trunking and a few other devices, everything we have is on SCCP.  Is there any insight as to how to fix my issues?

1. Phone is SIP but won't register
  2. I want to convert the phone from SIP back to SCCP

Given the above information, hopefully someone here can help.  I have been banging my head against the wall most of the day (Slow Day today in the engineering room).  Thanks in advance.

3 Replies 3

ronpatel
Level 8
Level 8

Hi

I would say do factory rest of the phone.

After that you can make the auto reg enable in your CUCM and with default protocol as SCCP. this will force it to get SCCp firmware.

Or else add phone as SCCP phone in CUCM and reboot the device.

Regards

Ronak patel

Rate helpful posts.

Regards Ronak Patel Rate all helpful post by clicking stars below the answer.

Ronak,

I have tried a factory reset and enabling auto-registration isn't going to be an option on our live system for security reasons.  I have tried adding it as SCCP and got the same results.  Thanks for your input!

My issue has been corrected. For the sake of anyone else that may need to know how to correct this issue I will explain what I did.

Instead of dealing with my CUCM I took an EoIP box that I have with a UC500 series inside. I used the CME to do all of the work I wanted my CUCM to do.

1. I uploaded the .zup and .sbin files to the CME since 7905's are so old they were not on there
  2. I set the tftp-server commands to include these firmwares
  3. I uploaded the lddefault.cfg file into flash
  4. I also set the tftp-server command to include the lddefault.cfg
  5. I set the load command to include the .sbin since the debug showed me it was looking for that file instead of the .zup

I factory reset the phone for good measure, upon booting up it found the lddefault.cfg and then proceeded to upgrade. I did have to do some binary to text and back conversion with the tools that the CME comes with. Cisco's documentation on that covers pretty much everything. Thanks for helping!