cancel
Views
Helpful
Replies

7935 on CCM401 "obtaining IP adress"

koenvb
Level 1
Level 1

We upgraded last month from CCM333 to CCM401 , we have 3 7935 , two of them are working properly but one of them displays the message "obtaining IP adress" (Network connection is ok) . the real problem is : when I try to acces the settings (with the menu) nothing is happening.

none of alle the buttons are reacting.

Even **#** or **1

Is there a Factory reset "key combination" (Like on the 7940-60's hold # while powering up etc.)

tia

Koen

3 Replies 3

vkapoor5
Level 5
Level 5

Hi,

Try with the following procedure...

1 Press the Menu button.

2 Press the Up or Down scroll button to select Admin Setup.

3 Press the Select button.

4 Enter the administrator password (the default administrator password is **#), and press the

Enter soft key.

5 Press the Down scroll button to select Restore Defaults.

6 Press the Select button.

If this also doesnot work, I believe that you need to think about replacement.

thanks for the reply . But the menu button (or any other button) does not respond.

So it's needs a replacement

Koen

jasyoung
Level 7
Level 7

Your symptoms aren't a precise match, but one potential cause is the 7935 could have failed to upgrade its firmware properly when you upgraded CallManager. There's a field notice on the issue here:

http://www.cisco.com/en/US/products/hw/phones/ps379/products_field_notice09186a00802282a3.shtml

I would work with TAC to see if that's actually the problem. If that's the problem, you basically have to RMA the phone back to Cisco because it's not recoverable in the field.