cancel
Views
Helpful
Replies

7970 Line Appearance/Speed Dial Bar

jkjackson
Level 1
Level 1

I have about 10 7970?s that have applied a custom background image to. The custom background is white with colored text. Most of the phones display this correctly with the line appearance or assigned speed dial buttons readable with a solid gray bar and the button assignment in a white font. On three or four of the 7970?s you can not read the button assignment, the solid gray bar is missing and the white display text blends in with the logo. Where is the setting to change this? Why is it working on some but not all?

Thanks for the help

6 Replies 6

pradeepde
Level 5
Level 5

You can provide users with a choice of background images for the LCD screen on their phones. Users can select a background image by choosing Settings > User Preferences > Background Images on the phone. For more information, refer http://www.cisco.com/en/US/products/hw/phones/ps379/products_administration_guide_chapter09186a00801d66b9.html#wp1088046

neil.woolloff
Level 1
Level 1

Hello,

I'm trying to apply a default background to my 7970, but am unable to locate a document that details what needs to be in the;

idle

path.

What did you put in this field please?

There are a couple of things you have to think about here. If you use the "idle" field the background is only going to show when the phone goes "idle". When the phone does go idle and the "default" background is being displayed, when a user receives a call they wont be able to see the caller id until they bring the phone out of "idle" status.

I would suggest that you follow the link in the previous post and just add your background to the list of available backgrounds, set it to the one that you want. One extra step though; after you follow the instructions you will need to stop and restart the "TFTP" service on the CCM before the phones will reflect the changes.

jk,

i am beginning to think that is the only way to go.

Not ideal really as would like to limit users playing with the phone.

but hay ho

I do see. Yes that would be the only way. I am unsure of how to do the idle url. You would have to point it to the location that holds an xml file that says "display this image".

No worries, cheers jk.

back to more hunting and reading then

Getting Started

Find answers to your questions by entering keywords or phrases in the Search bar above. New here? Use these resources to familiarize yourself with the community: