cancel
Views
Helpful
Replies

7970 stops working

russell
Level 1
Level 1

Has anyone had trouble with the 7970 color phone? The phone works fine for a while and then just stops working. The display goes dark, the headset light is green and the line buttons keep flashing green. I have tried to do a factory reset but nothing helps. I have had the same trouble with 3 phones. When I open a TAC case for this they just replace the phone which doesn't help because the new phone breaks as well. I have CCM 4.0.1.

Any help is greatly appreciated.

7 Replies 7

jfrelin
Cisco Employee
Cisco Employee

Greetings.

This is a know issue on the 7970's. It's actually the ethernet port locking up and the phone freezes as a result.

There is an engineering 7970 firmware load that you can get from your SE to fix this, but the public release is supposed to be out this week.

-jjf-

I have the same problem with the 7970 phone. On my CCM 3.3.4 i have the term70.6-0-1-0s. But the phone don't work. Can send me any the engineering 7970 firmware load, to s.dahringer@amecspie.com

Thanks

Hi

I have the same problem with my 7970, but when i do a factory reset they are ok again.

with procedure : "#" .. "123456789*0#" ...

byebye

--

Lionel Verscheure

Hi,

The factory reset don't work. I have test it serveral times.

--

Sven Dahringer

I have five 7970's. They all act differently. I have one that freezes up. I have not tried the factory reset; we simply unplug it, plug it back in and that seems to fix it.

One of the other phones, the settings key is "not active". Another one the call timer malfunctions. You can call someone, the timer will record the length of the call. If you hang up and call back a while later, the timer doesn't start over, but continues from where it left off. It also doesn't always disappear from the screen after the call has been completed. The other two seem to be working without trouble.

Can someone email me a link to the new firmware load when it is out?

Thanks

You can have it there :

http://www.cisco.com/cgi-bin/tablebuild.pl/ip-7900ser

if you log yourself !

Hi,

the firmware there:

-----

cmterm-7970-sccp.6-0-1.exe

IP Phone Load for 7970 6.0(1) - Compatible CCM Version: 3.3, 4.0

-----

is form the 30 MAR 2004.

I have installed the firmware on my CCM, and have

reset the 7970 phone. The phone have the same problem.

Getting Started

Find answers to your questions by entering keywords or phrases in the Search bar above. New here? Use these resources to familiarize yourself with the community: