Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
cancel
Views
Helpful
Replies

911 alert

Hi all,

I have a 911 monitor program that polls our CM v4 and we are moving to CM v5 my problem is that the database is fairly inaccessible in v5.

I read Developing Cisco IP Phone Services in the hope that I could configure a service to listen for the number sequence "start" 9 1 1 "connect" and hit a webserver to handle the alerting.

I could not find how to do this anywhere in my book. Is it not possible to make the phone listen for a key combination and trigger a service or is it just not covered in the book. The book was very good about explaining menus and softkeys but I need the key combo 911 to be my trigger.

Thanks,

~Mike

2 Replies 2

msabir
Level 4
Level 4

Using CallManager's JTAPI API, you can start monitoring for 911 calls, and you can find out who has made a call and when. You can also push out a text and/or audio message to a group of phones with the phone display indicating who has called 911. This will be a small custom app that would work on CCM 4/5/6. If I have some free time, may be I should write and post it.

Hello,

I am with Syn-Apps and we have an application that does exactly what you need. The application is called Call-Alert http://www.syn-apps.com/callalert.aspx

I have also attached a quick product overview.

Hope that helps,

Ian

Getting Started

Find answers to your questions by entering keywords or phrases in the Search bar above. New here? Use these resources to familiarize yourself with the community: