Views
Helpful
Replies

911 one way audio

notcreative
Level 1
Level 1

Hello,

We're bringing up a new PRI and all calls are working except for 911. When we call 911, we hear them but they can not hear us... just one way audio. Phone company is trying to tell us it is our equipment but we do not treat one call different from the rest. They refuse to believe us. We've scheduled a dispatch but thought I'd post a quick question for a sanity check... anyone seen this before?

David

ps. We were getting a facility disconnect and tracked it down to Nortel's switch sending us the name with caller ID in format TCAP_NAM

4 Replies 4

aelee1
Level 1
Level 1

911 is a special case and is not routed like other

calls. I have had a similar issue but in my case the outgoing 911 call went to a different state, and I

had one way audio. In any case if your other calls are working, there are some missing or incorrect translations within the telco network.

Art

jpinkus
Cisco Employee
Cisco Employee

Assuming that you have an H.323 gateway you will need to add the global command 'voice rtp send-recv'

http://www.cisco.com/en/US/tech/tk652/tk698/technologies_tech_note09186a008009484b.shtml#cutthrough

Actually, we found that worked. I'd be inclined to believe that the 911 switch or the Telco switch closest to the 911 office isn't sending a proper connect signal... I'm not getting any success with Telco assisting this so is the voice 'rtp send-rcv' command normal or am I making an exception for a translation problem that they don't want to explore? It just strikes me as odd since nothing else seems to have a problem.

This post solved my problem with one

way audio to 911.

After entering voice rtp send-recv in the global configuration i now have two way audio.

Thanks a bunch.

-scott

Getting Started

Find answers to your questions by entering keywords or phrases in the Search bar above. New here? Use these resources to familiarize yourself with the community: