Views
Helpful
Replies

A-FLEX-DEVICE purpose

XLG
Level 1
Level 1

Hello

I feel the content for ordering this SKU "A-FLEX-DEVICE" is unclear.

What I'm I able to do if I purchase one cloud device registration with A-FLEX-DEVICE without a Meetings Subscription ? 

If I don't want meetings, can I make call through the free version of Webex Teams ? 

Thank you, 

1 Accepted Solution

Vaijanath Sonvane
VIP Alumni
VIP Alumni

Hi,

"A-FLEX-DEVICE" SKU provides the ability to register Cisco video devices (such as DX Series, MX Series, SX Series, Webex Board, Webex Room Kit) purchased upfront to the Cisco Webex cloud, with no need for on-premises infrastructure. Once you register the endpoints, you will be able to call each other or to the outside world using SIP URI.

You can use free version of Cisco Webex Teams to make outbound calls using SIP URI. Please see this post for more features of free version of Cisco Webex Teams:

https://community.cisco.com/t5/collaboration-voice-and-video/free-webex-teams-ex-spark-client-overview/ta-p/3648921 

Please rate helpful posts and if applicable mark "Accept as a Solution".
Thanks, Vaijanath S.

View solution in original post

5 Replies 5

Vaijanath Sonvane
VIP Alumni
VIP Alumni

Hi,

"A-FLEX-DEVICE" SKU provides the ability to register Cisco video devices (such as DX Series, MX Series, SX Series, Webex Board, Webex Room Kit) purchased upfront to the Cisco Webex cloud, with no need for on-premises infrastructure. Once you register the endpoints, you will be able to call each other or to the outside world using SIP URI.

You can use free version of Cisco Webex Teams to make outbound calls using SIP URI. Please see this post for more features of free version of Cisco Webex Teams:

https://community.cisco.com/t5/collaboration-voice-and-video/free-webex-teams-ex-spark-client-overview/ta-p/3648921 

Please rate helpful posts and if applicable mark "Accept as a Solution".
Thanks, Vaijanath S.

Hi,

With this license can we make video conference, like 3 party conference?

the device in call(already regstered in cloud) can add couple of othe video users and make multiparty conference? if yes how many participants in a single sesssion ?

Regards

Hilal

This is not a conference license. It allows the device to register and make sip calls to other devices or join Webex. You need to have a conferencing license which is sold inside A flex usually. Meetings can be named or active hosts or employee count. In addition if you have teams and create a space you can have a meeting inside the space, paid licenses can host 200 in a space. Higher plans go to 1000

Hi skillambi,

Thanks for the quick reply, much appreciated.

From this license we can only make one-to-one video call to other video device through SIP URI, or we can join the meeting from the device.

Could you plase share the part code for conference license available under A-Flex for the devices registered with cloud webex to make a video conference.

Regards

Hilal

There are many options not as easy as one SKU 😀. It depends on the type of plan as I mentioned. What I would recommend is to work with you Cisco se or partner.

If you are a partner you can access the ordering guides here 

Look under flex. 

Thanks
Srini