cancel
Views
Helpful
Replies

AAR and MOH

jt1103
Level 1
Level 1

Was wondering if anyone could explain the following scenario to me.

When in AAR mode, when the far end places the call on hold, there is no music on hold. However, when not in AAR mode, MOH is available to all calls when placed on hold.

Thanks

Jon

1 Accepted Solution

Accepted Solutions

amritpatek
Level 6
Level 6

Make sure the IP Address and port number of the MoH for which the CCM is set for is same as SRST is trying to stream.

View solution in original post

2 Replies 2

amritpatek
Level 6
Level 6

Make sure the IP Address and port number of the MoH for which the CCM is set for is same as SRST is trying to stream.

ptredway
Level 1
Level 1

This may be off as I don't know what you mean by "the far end." If you can explain your topology in more detail I may be able to assist more. Having said that...

AAR kicks in only when the maximum bandwidth to that remote site is in use. If MoH is being streamed from the CallManager, it also requires bandwidth across the WAN. Since there is no available bandwidth, no MoH is streamed.

A possible workaround for this is something a previous poster briefly mentioned, streaming the MoH @ G.711 from a local router. For more information on that, see this doc:

http://www.cisco.com/en/US/products/sw/iosswrel/ps5207/products_feature_guide09186a00802d1c31.html