cancel
Views
Helpful
Replies

Accessing other fields in User Info?

jtdyer
Level 1
Level 1

I'm using ICD Enhanced 3.02 -- IPCC Express... I'm trying to use the Get User Info object in a script that I'm writing -- but it doesn't get the fields that I want from a user's DC Directory Entry. Is there any way to get a user's Telephone and Department fields from their DC Directory Entry? Extension uses their Primary extension, which works for now, but isn't quite what I want... Hints, code snippets, help -- all appreciated!

Thanks,

John

3 Replies 3

ivillegas
Level 6
Level 6

The following link has some information fixing DC directory problems.

Fixing Problems with DC Directory

http://www.cisco.com/warp/public/788/AVVID/fixing-dc-dir.html

Also read the DCD scripts readme file.

the problem isn't an issue with DC Directory itself -- the problem is that if you choose the "get user info" object you can only use Primary Extension, Userid, Password/Pin. There's nothing in properties on the object to allow you to retrieve manager and telephone number, etc fields stored in DC Directory (or whatever LDAP you're using). I was wondering what workarounds others had come up with to get at those fields -- or if it's just an impossibility in IPCC express 3.02...

I dont think there is any other way to get information about any property of the user other than those mentioned in the Attributes.

Aslam.