cancel
Views
Helpful
Replies

Adding a 9 to the directory

ouhakheme
Level 3
Level 3

In CallManager is there any way to automatically add a 9 to the number while it's still in the missed/received calls list; so it will get routed properly if someone presses dial or redial?

Please let me know.

Thanks,

Ohamien

1 Accepted Solution

Accepted Solutions

Ohamien,

Just did it in the lab and it worked. Here are the steps.

Create new Partition, InboundGWMask

Create new CSS, InboundGWwithMask

Create Translation Pattern

Pattern - xxxx

!my lab has 4 digit extensions. If you have more than 4 digit inbound make sure you account for this.

Partition - InboundGWMask

CSS - InboundGW (this is your original GW CSS)

Under Calling Party Transformations

Prefix Digits (Outgoing Calls) - 91 or 9

Assign new CSS, InboundGWwithMask, to your gateways inbound CSS. Even though the Prefix digits say outgoing calls I have tested this in 4.1(3) and it displays to inbound IP Phone the 91 prepend. Key to remember on this is that the original inbound CSS cannot include the IPPhones partition, after the translation profile matches it makes it's change then you reference the real CSS that can route to the phones.

Let me know how it works. Another thing to remember is this will not work with International. I have used Chris's suggestion before as well, both work.

Thanks

Fred

View solution in original post

22 Replies 22

Chris Deren
Hall of Fame
Hall of Fame

Yes if you're using MGCP GW then under CallManager service parameters look for "national prefix", "international prefix" parameters and enter 9 or 91.

HTH, Please rate all posts

Chris

Ohamien,

You can also append this to calling number coming into the gateway, so when the phone receives the call it has the 9 on the CLID. This will reflect correctly on the directories missed and received calls.

Go to your gateway, under Prefix DN put in 9 or 91 depending on how you want to do this. This is a PRI MGCP example. Not sure of the extent with other protocols.

Please rate any helpful posts

Thanks

Fred

Actually I can't remember if that prepends the calling or called, I know I had this issue before but it's been over a year. Gonna go test in my lab and repost.

Thanks

Fred

Hah, that works too. Thanks.

Thank you for all of the quick responses, you guys can be amazing sometimes. However, I cannot find the 'national prefix' under the Call Manager Service Parameters, am I looking in the wrong place?

Also Fred, I thought of adding the 9 under prefix DN, but doesn't this apply to the called number incoming, or my internal DNs? I think it's only going to add a 9 to my extensions, which isn't going to work.

Please let me know if I'm wrong. Again, I thank you for all of the help.

Ohamien

Just tested in my lab and yep you are right, that does called number. I think I resolved this before using a translation profile for my internal phones. This profile was added to a PT and the inbound CSS for the GW used this. Then I did prepends on that. Let me try to lab that out.

I believe it's under Advanced in CM Service.

Thanks

Fred

Yep, its advanced. Thanks. I was thinking of the translation profile, but didn't think it'd work well. Let me know what you find out in the lab.

Thank you again.

Ohamien

Ohamien,

Just did it in the lab and it worked. Here are the steps.

Create new Partition, InboundGWMask

Create new CSS, InboundGWwithMask

Create Translation Pattern

Pattern - xxxx

!my lab has 4 digit extensions. If you have more than 4 digit inbound make sure you account for this.

Partition - InboundGWMask

CSS - InboundGW (this is your original GW CSS)

Under Calling Party Transformations

Prefix Digits (Outgoing Calls) - 91 or 9

Assign new CSS, InboundGWwithMask, to your gateways inbound CSS. Even though the Prefix digits say outgoing calls I have tested this in 4.1(3) and it displays to inbound IP Phone the 91 prepend. Key to remember on this is that the original inbound CSS cannot include the IPPhones partition, after the translation profile matches it makes it's change then you reference the real CSS that can route to the phones.

Let me know how it works. Another thing to remember is this will not work with International. I have used Chris's suggestion before as well, both work.

Thanks

Fred

Nothing against you, but Chris' suggestion was much quicker. However, your idea made me think of something else I've been meaning to do. I'd like wrong numbers within our DID range to go to the main receptionist. However, I don't want internal users to be able to type in a wrong DN. Above, your 'Pattern - XXXX' reminded me of what I was trying to do, and I think many of the beginning steps will probably be the same. Can I do it using different CSSs?

Thanks for all of your help.

Ohamien

So you went any unassigned number routing to the receptionist, right? That might work because it'll be a match. Let me go try.

Fred

I'm glad I can keep you busy. =)

As long as the internal users still get that fastbusy upon dialing an unassigned dn..

Ohamien

Hmm, can you explain what wrong numbers are? Maybe an example. This will definitely work for unassigned numbers.

Thanks

Fred

Sure, for example:

Translation Pattern: XXXX, it will only be matched when the DN is not found. So if I have 3 DNs configured 3000 3001 and 3002. From the outside I dial 4075553003, I would like the calls to be matched by the translation pattern and routed to 3000, the receptionist.

Conversely, I don't want my users to be able to type 5555 and also get routed to the receptionist.

Let me know if that helps.

Ohamien

Oh ok, yes this will work. So just use the Translation Profile I recommended earilier, minus the Calling Party information and add a Called Party Transform Mask of 3000. Of course the XXXX will match on any 4 digit inbound. But since it's in a separate partition that is added only to the InboundGWwithMask CSS it'll only ever be selected by your gateway.

So example, DID range 6104073000 to 6104073010. Users are using 3000 to 3002. Any calls coming in to 3003 to 3010 (or more if Telco sends them) will forward to 3000.

Thanks

Fred

Getting Started

Find answers to your questions by entering keywords or phrases in the Search bar above. New here? Use these resources to familiarize yourself with the community: