cancel
Views
Helpful
Replies

Adhoc conference between cisco device on-premises, cms & webex meeting

csrlima
Level 3
Level 3

Hi team, is possible to have a 3ºparty conference between a cisco video device registered on-premises in cucm 12.5, a cms space (used for recording video calls) and a webex meeting?

My goal is that i want that video device make a call to a cisco space (recoding enabled) and that to a webbex meeting ( sip uri in webex invite) and than merge the call.

I have CMS as call bridge, xmpp, webbridge an i have another cms just for video recording. There is also Expressways E and C for MRA and B2B calls.

My CMS is registered in CUCM already as conference bridge , i have secure sip trunk between cucm and cms, my rendevouz or meet me conferences are working.

If i dial from my cisco device to cisco space and than use CMM for dial out to webex meeting and merge the call, it works fine. The problem for this is that i need to have an operator adding webex meeting from CMM and i need that users using webex device can do this conference alone without cmm.

For now the problem is that i try to do this but i have one call leg only with audio and cant merge to webex.

Anyone have this scenario?

Regards

1 Accepted Solution

Accepted Solutions

Hi @Jonathan Schulenberg , thanks for your insides. We have our solution working now for our use case. We have 3ºparty conference working  with 1 Webex room on premises + webex meeting + cisco cms space . Use case : 1-Webex room dial cms space (with recording template); 2-Webex device press webex button and use webex meeting id and passcode tfrom webex invite to enter in webex meeting and then merge both calls  and have a 3ºparty video conference ; 4- webex room use dtmf codes to record the meeting .   I t works using CMS as ad-hoc conference bridge. With multisite license in codec didnt worked ( no merge button avaiable). Best Regards

View solution in original post

4 Replies 4

Jonathan Schulenberg
Hall of Fame
Hall of Fame

I’m a bit speechless; this is an incredibly  complicated idea. It’s also going to be a subpar user experience since you’re forcing an old school cascade across multiple video bridges. Video layouts are going to suck and neither platform will have full control over the call, e.g. mute or expel.
It would be much easier to have the endpoint join the Webex Meeting and use it’s built-in recording capabilities. Leave CMS out of it.

If you insist on this approach, presumably there is a heck of a good reason, you could write a custom macro and UI extension for the video endpoint to issue an out dial API call to CMS on behalf of the user - same as what CMM is doing.

The problem is the customer invested in CMS recording, and he receive webex invites from another entity .

And about using a multisite license in the Cisco video device ( Webex room) , the problem will be the same?

CMS is not a compliance recording solution for every possible SIP call an endpoint may place/receive. CMS recording is intended only for CMS-hosted meetings just as Webex Meetings NBR is only intended to record Webex-hosted meetings; the customer's expectations need to be corrected.

I do not see how a multi-site option key on the endpoint changes the outcome here, only where the cascade is happening: on CMS vs. the endpoint.

Hi @Jonathan Schulenberg , thanks for your insides. We have our solution working now for our use case. We have 3ºparty conference working  with 1 Webex room on premises + webex meeting + cisco cms space . Use case : 1-Webex room dial cms space (with recording template); 2-Webex device press webex button and use webex meeting id and passcode tfrom webex invite to enter in webex meeting and then merge both calls  and have a 3ºparty video conference ; 4- webex room use dtmf codes to record the meeting .   I t works using CMS as ad-hoc conference bridge. With multisite license in codec didnt worked ( no merge button avaiable). Best Regards

Getting Started

Find answers to your questions by entering keywords or phrases in the Search bar above. New here? Use these resources to familiarize yourself with the community: