cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
cancel
Views
Helpful
Replies

Any way other than CM to install code on 7941 Phone?

Gerard Roy
Level 2
Level 2

Is there any other way besides access to a call manager to install code on a 7941 IP phone after a factory reset? (Tech support had me do this - I KNEW I shouldn't have done this) :(

I am in a remote location and can't reach the call manager even though my ASA shows it is responding in the logs. It just sits there and says "Registering"

2 Replies 2

Jonathan Schulenberg
Hall of Fame
Hall of Fame

Yes but it is a lot of work. You essentially have to create a TFTP server, properly configure the XML files the phone looks for and unzip the correct version of firmware from CCO. It's usually not worth it for a single phone.

Also, if the phone is getting to a "registering" state, it sounds to me like it already got its firmware but the SIP/SCCP signaling is not working.

...or use a distribution called "Trixbox" on an older PC, just activate Cisco Phone support on the console. That includes the TFTP and the folder structure. Also, basic phone files are already there. Just add the firmeware files and edit the XML file. Point the DHCP option to the Trixbox and it's done.

Danny

Getting Started

Find answers to your questions by entering keywords or phrases in the Search bar above. New here? Use these resources to familiarize yourself with the community: