cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
cancel
Views
Helpful
Replies

Anyway to stop Hunt Groups timing out?????

stu_syn
Level 1
Level 1

Hi all - with CM 4-0 huntgroups, how do I stop the call being hung-up (to external calls) when no one is available in the huntgroup?

Alternatively, after the RNA timeout - how would I make it route to a message (saying we're very busy) or even go around in a loop? Anything to stop the caller being dropped after the RNA timeout.

Cheers,

Stu

3 Replies 3

ciscogini
Level 4
Level 4

Creat a Voice mail box. Make it as the memebr of the Hunt group and mark it to be "Always Route Member"

When no one picks up the calls go to VM.

The only problem with this solution is that it breaks round-robin hunt groups in all 4.0(x) and below versions of CCM (can't vouch for 4.1(x)). A hunt group with "n" phones loses every "n+1"th call to VM with this configuration.

I'm still looking for an intelligent round-robin solution with VM backup that actually works.

Cameron

You can use circular hunt group with Queuing. When the Opertor is busy the call goes in to queue and when the queue timer expires the call goes to the VM.

Only catch with this is, when the opertor logs out the call goes t the queue and after expiry timer the call will go to VM.