cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
cancel
Views
Helpful
Replies

Apply SNMP to Cisco Meeting Server (CMS)

Ahmed Tarek
Level 3
Level 3

Hello Experts,

i need to apply SNMP v3 to CMS ( Version 3.6 )

31 Replies 31

yes, it hard for beginner never type those command before.

anyway thanks for support , you really was helpful guide! with more than 2 days to get real info !!

@Ahmed Tarek Is it working now?

If yes, i really would appreciate that you rate one of my replies as an "accepted solution".

rate for your answer ? of course not!!
your guide is not completely correct, something is missing!

Ahmed Tarek
Level 3
Level 3

Dear All,

after check with real expert the correct commands are :

cms>snmp disable

cms>snmp user add test ******** SHA AES

cms>snmp enable

pls note the following

user is test (with no password) ( test it is name for user )

******** is password for SHA and AES ( same password for both, not different for each other ) SAME !

then you set same setting in snmp server side

b.winter
VIP
VIP

Wtf? Are you kidding me?
I gave you a full instruction list, how to configure the snmp user in CMS, then you write the same command, which I have told you 3 or 4 times, and now you say "you found it out with another person"?

You:
cms>snmp user add test ******** SHA AES
"i typed below command
snmp user add <username> <> SHA1 password AES password
what i miss?"

I wrote:
snmp user add <username> <password> <MD5 or SHA> <DES or AES>
snmp user add myusername mypassword SHA AES
snmp user add msroot password SHA AES

did you said i have to use same password for SHA and AES ?

did you said username must have no password?

pls note any one tried to open a case here is almost beginner , not big value like you, so handle easy and have patience to let him know correct answer

did you said i have to use same password for SHA and AES ? --> This is per CMS command definition the same password for SHA and AES, there is no need to write that specificly^^
did you said username must have no password? --> What should that mean?! every username has a password. You can also specifiy a new user without SHA and AES. And only use username and password combination. Like on every website as login.

You are just trying to find excuses and you are unrespectful, not even giving me "an accepted solution" for all the time (in my own free time!!!) I have spent helping you.

as i expected from one like you said nothing to cover your misunderstand or limited thinking.

your help is nothing because you think you are an expert, but believe me you are not , you copied and past from guide without understanding, even i asked you but you can not realize what is the point because your limited brain.

stop said stupid verbal and not support without understanding.

Says you, who types the command in the wrong format multiple times and cannot even follow instructions ...
I would recommend you, to do something else, maybe work as a supermarket help or so.

You have no basic technical understanding. If you would have, then you would have understood what I wrote, but like that, it was like talking to a child.

Yes, I’m beginner but your brain can’t understanding what i’m saying, you want gain points for your stupid replies , not even honestly help like real experts.
Yes I don’t have basic command aware as I’m beginner
How many time I have to say this ?
Pls stop saying that to cover you limited understanding 
By the way , I’m going to open new topic to ask real experts , I will be really appreciate to NOT seeing you there or even here 
Baby brain

Better having a baby brain, than no brain like you ';)'

Pls keep going stupid brain , I’m really enjoy that your stupid ugly brain thinking is exposed for all 

keep going stupid

This is a space we help each other.. as you already got the solution, lets wind up this discussion.

Response Signature

jimmyloyld
Level 1
Level 1

It's a little unclear where to configure SNMPv3 on Meraki, which is what I'm trying to set up. For SNMPv3, typically, you need:

auth technique

access token

privacy strategy

private key

username

I discovered that you can set the first four above under "Organisation | Settings." But after that, you can set a username and a passphrase under "Network Wide | General." How does that relate to what was said earlier? I can see why you would need a username, but wasn't that something that belonged in the organization settings? In SNMPv3, I've never encountered a username passphrase requirement.

hi jimmyloyld

i did not know correct setting in Meraki , i used Solarwind for SNMP

Getting Started

Find answers to your questions by entering keywords or phrases in the Search bar above. New here? Use these resources to familiarize yourself with the community: