Replies

AS5350 post dial delay

privateer
Level 1
Level 1

Hi guys.

I have the following scheme -

phone---pbx mitel---T1 trunk---Cisco5350----voip pstn provider

Everything works fine except the delay after dialing to pstn. If I dial 1 212 555 1212 I get 8 seconds delay before the progress tones. The config file is attached.

Does anybody know where to dig?

Thanks a lot.

Yuri.

1 Reply 1

vmoopeung
Level 5
Level 5

I think its the problem araised due to the interdigit timeout since the destination pattern is specifed .T.

Trying dialing the same number and last use a # as terminator. If you see difference in delay its due to interdigit timeout.

There are situations where expected dial-strings do not have a set number of digits. In such cases, Cisco recommends you configure the "T" terminator on the dial peer destination-pattern command in order to.use variable-length dial-peers.

The 'T' terminator forces the router or gateway to wait until the full dial-string is received. In order to achieve this, the 'T' terminator forces the router or gateway to wait until the full dial-string is received. The router or gateway:

Waits for a set interdigit timeout before the device routes the call.

Routes the call once the device receives the "#" termination character in the dial-string. For example, if you dialed "5551212#", the "#" indicates to the router that you dialed all the digits and that all digits prior to the "#" should be used to match a dial peer.

http://www.cisco.com/en/US/tech/tk652/tk90/technologies_tech_note09186a008010fed1.shtml#topic7

Getting Started

Find answers to your questions by entering keywords or phrases in the Search bar above. New here? Use these resources to familiarize yourself with the community: