cancel
Views
Helpful
Replies

ATA 186, CM4, Phone 2 can't dial

ajenks
Level 1
Level 1

I have installed an ATA 186 and I can see this has been auto registered in CM4. It is on a main site with a local PSTN gateway. I have changed both ports for the ATA in call manager to set the correct location a CSS.

From phone 1 I can place a call correctly (an incoming call, I can answer and be connected but the phone never rings).

From phone 2 I cannot place any type of call (I get engaged tone) and I also get engaged tone if I ring the DN of phone 2 from another IP phone.

If phone 1 is not on a call and I ring a mobile from phone 2, I get a missed call on the mobile and engaged tone on phone 2 again (as if the call is established briefly - to make the mobile ring, then disconnected almost immediately and the engaged tone presented).

I am using this ATA for modem/fax applications but am testing the 2 line with analogue handsets (connected to both ports at the same time).

I know provision has been made for ATA's in our enviroment although we dont have any working yet and I am a bit confused where to start.

1 Reply 1

tvanblon
Level 1
Level 1

This issue is because the ATA can only do a single g.729 call. You need to hardcode all calls on that ATA to use g.711 and it will fix this issue. Place both ATA ports in a g.711-enabled Device Pool.