Views
Helpful
Replies

ATA 186 + CME 3.3 + FAX Super G3

pmarques
Level 1
Level 1

Hi,

I know this might be a recurring question, but the severall searches I made in this forum and the web, came with inconclusive results.

do I have to create an ephone / ephone-dn for the ATA besides creating a voip dial-peer?

this is the dial-peer configuration I have:

dial-peer voice 5 voip

destination-pattern 1090

modem passthrough nse codec g711alaw

session target ipv4:10.10.2.251

incoming called-number .

fax rate disable

no vad

when I try to dial, either internaly or externaly, to the fax number (1090) i get an unknown number notification.

what am I doing wrong here?

besides, in the ATA configuration I set the audio mode to 0x00320015 and the connect mode to 0x90008400. are these values correct?

Finally, after users dial their numbers they have to wait for a certain period of time before their call is placed. Is there a way to change this behaviour (I assume there's a way to manipulate this timer)?

any help would be very appreciated.

cheers,

pedro

3 Replies 3

Bernhard Albler
Spotlight
Spotlight

Well, it depends on which image you are running on the ata.

If you would use the SCCP image you would have to integrate the ATA just like a phone (ephone-dn etc.), but this is not recommended when used with a fax.

If you use the ATA in H323 Mode you need a dial-peer as you have mentioned. Did you upgrade you ATA to the H323 Image?

regarding the timer:

yes, there are several timers you can manipulate. There is a interdigit timeout which you can configure and you can also configure the T302 Timer with ISDN.

best regards

bernhard

ok.

it seems that my ata came with sccp. i'll upgrade it to h.323.

in one ata pdf i downloaded from the CCO they refer the need to create separate dial-peers for incoming called-number and another one for destination-pattern.

would those two dial-peers have to have exactly the same config (except for the two commands aforementioned)?

cheers

pmarques

Did you get this to work? If you did could you please post relevant CME and ATA config?