cancel
Views
Helpful
Replies

ATA BIT layout

tporter
Level 1
Level 1

I am trying to 'tweak some settings on a Cisco ATA188. I've found what needs to be changed, but I'm confused as to which bits to change. The fields have 8 characters in it, yet the docs says to change something like bit 0-7. Are each character 8 bits? If the field looks like this: 0x01418564..Would would I change to reflect this: Parameter: SigTimer

Bits: 26 - 27

Values: 0 = 60 ms 2 = 200 ms

1 = 100 ms 3 = 300 ms

Default: 0

Thanks

2 Replies 2

Rob Huffman
Hall of Fame
Hall of Fame

Hi Tony,

Here is a link to a thread from last month where Mehmet and Jason are discussing this issue. Hopefully this will help you out.

http://forum.cisco.com/eforum/servlet/NetProf?page=netprof&forum=IP%20Communications%20and%20Video&topic=IP%20Telephony&CommCmd=MB%3Fcmd%3Dpass_through%26location%3Doutline%40%5E1%40%40.1dda51cc/0#selected_message

If you follow the suggestion from Mehmet the Bits to change would be as follows:

xxxx XXxx xxxx xxxx xxxx xxxx xxxx xxxx

Bit 0 is far right and Bit 31 is far left (Sounds political!).

Hope this helps! (Crazy attempt at an example)^

Rob

Please remember to rate helpful posts....

That's great but I still don't see how changing a 4 bit field translates to a single digit in the string. i.e. if the field looks like this: 0x01418564, and I need to change bits 27-28 to a different single value, then I would change '1' to a '2' (In my example to set it to 200ms) ? Sorry I guess I'm not getting it. Thanks for the patience