cancel
Views
Helpful
Replies

ATA keeps re-registering

m-constantine
Level 1
Level 1

I have installed a number of ATA 186 devices running 2.15 MGCP software version. They are using DHCP and are registering with a local call manager. The ATA's get an IP address correctly and when configured on Call Manager register as usual. However on watching the phone list I can see the ATA going from registered to not registered state every minute or so.

Sniffing the port of the ATA shows lots of DNS resolves for the Call manager. It also fails to find the .cnf.xml file. This is strange as browsing on the call manager the file exists. I also can't see any problems with the DNS entries etc.

Any ideas/suggestions greatly appreciated.

Regards

Mike

2 Replies 2

m-constantine
Level 1
Level 1

Found the answer. The ATAs were trying to register their second port (which I had not configured in Call Manager. After a couple of attempts at trying to tft[p their ATA.cnf.xml files they unregistered with call manager and tried again. Adding the second port into CM fixed the issue.

This works I had an issue with an ATA trying to register I went into the web gui for the ata clicked line2 and set allow line 2 to "no" and my ata registered and is running fine.