cancel
Views
Helpful
Replies

Attendant Console - Error

dolah
Level 1
Level 1

The receptionist is trying to log into the Attendant Console and receives this error.

"Initialization of Call Control failed. Retrying..."

She clicks OK (only option to click) and then the Call Control window is greyed out. She can still receive calls, but is not able to use any of the call control fuctions of the Attendant Console.

Any assistance would be appreciated.

Debbie

12 Replies 12

allan.thomas
Level 8
Level 8

Which version of CCM is this in relation to ?

The simply reason is that from version 4.x there are two places where to associate the password for the acuser.

I agree with the previous post, if AC is setup on CCM 3.x ensure that the password is set 12345.

If this is on a CCM 4.x then reset the AC user within DC, and then open c:\program files\cisco\attendant console\acconfig.bat. When the utility starts reset the password to the same you set in the DC directory for the AC user.

This is CCM 3.3(3) sr4a

and I reset the password on the ac user as well as attendant1 and it everything appears to be in order, but still no call control

I leveled this issue up to TAC and a technician had me restart the Cisco Telephony Call Dispatcher service on the Publisher. This worked.

Thanks

i did everything which you people wrote, but i am still facing the problem "Initialization of Call Control Failed.Retrying.."

i restarted the Cisco Telephony Call Dispatcher service

i reset the password to the same in the DC for AC user ..

i am using CCM 4.0

Attnedant Console: 1.3(1ES4)

Server Version: 1.3(1ES4)

any idea,,pls help

regards

VijayAnand C.D

Verify the following:

1. The user id for the acuser in DC directory matches that for the jtapi user id in the acconfig.bat utility.

2. Reset both password to the same in DC and within the acconfig.bat utility as precautionary measure.

3. Verify that both the huntgroup pilot and the lines that you have added to the huntgroup are associated with the ac user.

4. Ensure that CTI application use is enabled for the ac user also.

5. If you have added lines to the huntgroup by selecting the operator user, reset the operator user password as precautionary step which is used when the operator logs into the console application.

6. When the AC application starts check that the CallManager address is the same address to which the operators IP Phone is registered.

7. Ensure that the operator's IP Phone is registered in the first instance, otherwise call control will definately fail.

Hope this helps.

Allan.

Was there ever a resolution found for this problem. I'm experiencing the same thing and have follows these steps one by one multiple times and cannot find the issue.

Please let me know what the solution was if there was one.

Thanks,

Neil Perry

neil.perry@stoops.com

If you have followed the steps, and call control still fails to initialize, then as a last step restart the TCD service.

Hope this helps.

Allan.

I have followed these 7 steps as listed above for CCM 4.2(3)sr1. I have also restarted the TCD services on both servers. I am banging my head against the wall. I can ping by name and IP from workstation to both servers. Any thoughts?

lnthompson
Level 1
Level 1

If they are using WindowsXP. Check the personal firewall settings. I would try and disable the personal firewall for now in order to eliminate it from potential problems.

Also, if they have the Cisco VPN Client installed on their machine, I would open the VPN Client and make sure that the Stateful Firewall isn't turned on. EVEN IF THEY AREN'T CURRENTLY USING THE VPN CLIENT the stateful firewall is active and can affect this.

Restarting the TCD service was the last step that helped me.

Debbie

yaries
Level 1
Level 1

I have the same pro as you met.But after I have checked my attendant setting by AA->edit->setting and choose the advance setting panel and fill in the right call processing server IP address and the local host IP address, the problem is soveld.

Hope this will help you out !!

Getting Started

Find answers to your questions by entering keywords or phrases in the Search bar above. New here? Use these resources to familiarize yourself with the community: