Views
Helpful
Replies

Attendant console - Login/Logout from the phone

joselopes
Level 1
Level 1

- Is it possible to login/logout as an attendant

console user to the huntgroup from the phone (7940), without a PC?

- Is it possible to have the same DN or user+line in more than one huntgroup?

Thanks

Jose

1 Accepted Solution

Accepted Solutions

EM works with TCD. So, you have to create user device profiles for all users in hunt group, and assign some extension to them which will be used as member of the hunt group.

Create the hunt group and assign those extensions as hunt group members.

Associate the device profiles with the ac user.

When the user logs in EM, they become a part of the hunt group, and can receive call in that hunt group. When they log out from EM, they eventually logout from the hunt group, and calls will not be routed to them.

View solution in original post

4 Replies 4

thisisshanky
Level 11
Level 11

I dont think the first one is possible. Unless you can write a IP Phone service which does the same thing as a AConsole does.

You can put the same DN in different huntgroups.

Sankar Nair
UC Solutions Architect
Pacific Northwest | CDW
CCIE Collaboration #17135 Emeritus

Thanks for your response.

Doens't Extension Mobility work with TCD or is a completely different feature?

Please look at the conversation "Login to TCD from phone" in this forum. It looks like EM works with TCD! If yes it would satisfy my requirements.

Best Regards

Jose

EM works with TCD. So, you have to create user device profiles for all users in hunt group, and assign some extension to them which will be used as member of the hunt group.

Create the hunt group and assign those extensions as hunt group members.

Associate the device profiles with the ac user.

When the user logs in EM, they become a part of the hunt group, and can receive call in that hunt group. When they log out from EM, they eventually logout from the hunt group, and calls will not be routed to them.

Ok. I'm not sure that when logged out, the extension doens't receive calls!

In the configuration of the hunt group, it must be decided if the member is a directory number or an attendant console user and a line number.

If directory number is provided, the TCD only checks whether the line is available (not busy).

Am I wrong?

Jose