cancel
Views
Helpful
Replies

Attendant Console

cisco4me
Level 1
Level 1

I have read several documentations on Cisco Attendant Console about Hout Group setup. It always mentioned that the last member of Hunt Group should be set to either IP AA or VM.

Q1) For IP AA, can I install it on the same server as CCM? Or must it be a stand-alone server?

Q2) For passing the caller to VM, What is the best way to set this up? How would CCM know the user is not available and automatically sends the call to Attendant User's VM?

3 Replies 3

icabrera
Level 4
Level 4

Hello:

Q1) IP AA is an extended service that normally you install at the same server as CCM.

Q2) At the hunt group configuration there is a box with a "always route member" option. Trought this option, when the user is not logged at the web attendant application, you can redirect the call to the VM.

For the voicemail, which DN do I forward this to? So based on the e.g.

1) configure a attendant console user, ie attendant1 with password attendant1

2) configure a pilotpoint, ie 1000

3) configure a huntgroup with the following setup:

a) member1, direct call to attendant1, line 1

b) member2, direct call to attendant1, line 2

Would I get the CTI Route Point to forward to say 8000 (which is the pilot point for my Unity's pilot number?) or would u get the CTI RP to forward to attendant1's line 1, e.g. DN 3000

Because if the external caller isn't leaving a msg to one of DN belongs to the attendant, how is the attendant going to know if he / she gots a voicemail while they are away?

Thanks

Unless you already have a subscriber or CallHandler specifically set up for your pilotpoint DN (1000) in Unity, the calls forwarded to Unity via the Hunt Group will hear the Opening Greeting. With that in mind you will most likely want to configure Open and Closed greetings for the Opening Greeting and set the Active Schedule to Weekdays or whatever your normal business hours are.

Hope this helps!

Getting Started

Find answers to your questions by entering keywords or phrases in the Search bar above. New here? Use these resources to familiarize yourself with the community: