Views
Helpful
Replies

Auto Attendant

dlignier
Level 1
Level 1

Hi,

i have a cluster of CallManager 3.3.4 sr2, i have install extended service.

How many Auto Attendant could i install on my platform.

Thanks for your help.

Sebastien

4 Replies 4

Aaron Harrison
VIP Alumni
VIP Alumni

Sebastien

With CM 3.3 you get an AutoAttendant implemented as a CRA script... However you aren't allowed to run customise the script, and you are limited to 4 ports (or concurrent connections) to the AA.

See:

http://www.cisco.com/en/US/products/sw/voicesw/ps556/products_administration_guide_chapter09186a00801f0126.html

Aaron

Aaron Please remember to rate helpful posts to identify useful responses, and mark 'Answered' if appropriate!

Hi Aaron,

I have this requirment.

User wants to direct the call to a recording message after office hour. What I mean is between 18:00 to the next day 09:00, users call into AA will hear another message telling them to call back during the office hour. I think the built in AA with CM won't have this capability. Should I go for CRS-IVR or CRS-ICD (IPCC Express)?

Also when it said 4 CTI ports, it means only 4 users can call into AA at the same time.

Thanks.

You might want to look into CM 4.1 which has the ability to do Time of Day routing, any version below that you can have Unity do time of day check and play a different greeting?

That's right - only four active calls at once. Hopefully callers won't be on the system for long so it may be enough depending on your call volume.

As the other poster suggested, you'd need to get either CM4.0 (which has time of day routing, and also comes with some licenses of a version of IPCC I believe) or if you have unity you can use that.

You could create a call handler in Unity, and define a schedule and actions to perform depending on the schedule. So you could put the call into Unity first, it would either play a message to them or forward to the AA.

Aaron

Aaron Please remember to rate helpful posts to identify useful responses, and mark 'Answered' if appropriate!
Getting Started

Find answers to your questions by entering keywords or phrases in the Search bar above. New here? Use these resources to familiarize yourself with the community: