cancel
Views
Helpful
Replies

Automated door/gate opener and DTMF

helsenl
Level 1
Level 1

I was wondering if someone has achieved to automate a gate opener in a VoIP/CallManager environment.

A gate opener is basically an analogue phone, connected to a pots port of an analogue H.323 gateway. The output of the gate opener is an electrical switch, which is connected to the gate.

To open the door, you dial with your IP Phone to this analogue port. The gate opener is answering. With your IP Phone his keypad, (in DTMF) you enter the password of the opener and the code (in DTMF) to open the gate.

We like to bypass this password and open code, and make the opening of the door just by dialing the opener DN or by dialing the opener DN and press one button/code on the keypad.

In a pure analogue Phone environment, you could automate this process by defining a fast dial that contains this secret code and the code to open the gate.

In IP telephony, the fast or speed Dials, are not really DTMF, so this is not an option.

I was thinking on an http IVR script, in combination with a service url on a IP Phone, but I have the impression this is much to complicated for a simple handling. (Adding a IVR server for just this opener)

Any idea how this can be achieved?

Thanks

7 Replies 7

wdrootz
Level 4
Level 4

www.vikingelectronics.com has some info on gate opener. hopefully that will help you.

Thank you for the response, but my problem is not the door-opener itself, but simulating a sequence of DTMF codes (to open de door).

We have a door-openers, and the DTMF code to open the door is e.g. 00006.

Every time we need to let someone enter the door, we need to do 00006 on the IP phones his keypad (after dialling the opener)

I would like to produce something like a speedial from an analogue phone.

A speeddial from an analogue phone can contains the digits 00006, so pressing this speeddial would open the door with one button

But a speeddial from a Cisco phone is not really DTMF.

Dear lhelsen

you can use a Software like OpenPhone for transfer your code to door opener .

you can download the WIN Ver it http://www.openh323.org.

and at addree you put the phone number and at gateway put the gateway ip , when the end user (door opener) is answared dial 00006 for opening the door ;)

Foad Godarzy (IT Manager)

psanjay
Level 1
Level 1

Hell All,

I think this can be acheived by using a connection plar on the FXS port. You can specify the number and followed by the pincode to access the door.

gwoodyard
Level 1
Level 1

Would it be possible to change the forwarded digits and then use those digits as the password?

Hi,

If you make an IPCC script that use call contact and send digit string, it would woork.

Just make a speed dial to the RoutePoint that the script listens too, and you specify the secret DTMF sequence in there.

You can try this script that i attached,

This is a similar problem to what everyone else has or has users complaining about.

End users wants to have a speed dial that does this:

Dial Conference number: 800-444-4444

Enter PIN 12345

CallManager can not do pauses to enter in more digits after it has dialed.

i do like the IPCC script or even using PLAR to have a line autodial the garagedoor analog answer device, then just enter 00006 to open it.