Views
Helpful
Replies

AvDirSynch_MC Error after Service Account p/w change

keitha
Level 1
Level 1

Greetings,

We recently changed our Exchange Service Account password by following the tech tip Cisco provides. Since that time the account periodicly is getting locked out. I think I've tracked it down to the unity server and specificly the event log below. Is there a way to change the account information for these LDAP synchronization cycles? I've been looking around both here and on the net in general, but have not found anything relevent. Unity is 3.0(3) Exchange is 5.5.

Event Type: Warning

Event Source: AvDirSynch_MC

Event Category: Warning

Event ID: 1057

Date: 11/5/2002

Time: 6:47:41 AM

User: N/A

Computer: UNITY

Description:

Skipping synchronization cycle due to error connecting to LDAP server. Ensure that the server is accessible, Exchange services are running on the server, and the monitor service account is configured correctly.

LDAP Diagnostic Info:

Server: MILHOUSE

Port: 389

LDAP Call: ldap_bind_s

LDAP Error Code: LDAP_INVALID_CREDENTIALS

User Context: NTEECU\ExchAdmin

Thanks... Keith

2 Replies 2

lindborg
Cisco Employee
Cisco Employee

This could be related to a known MS issue with service accounts losing their PW association if they don't have the "log on as batch" assigned to them... a couple folks out here ran into similiar issues, however most of the time they noticed the problem on a reboot since Unity wouldn't come up afterwards since the PW in the SCM was bogus... still, worth a shot.

Thanks for the tip... I just checked and the account is assigned the 'log on as batch' permission. It also has 'log on as service' and 'act as part of operating system'. Unity does start on reboot.