Views
Helpful
Replies

Avoiding the usage of Call Manager

ayram23
Level 1
Level 1

Hi all,

We want to install 10 nos of Cisco 7960G IP Phones in our office network. Is it possible for me to install these IP Phones and make them work without the usage of CallManager? If possible kindly tell me how is it possible......

Thanks and Regards,

R. Rajaraman

4 Replies 4

thisisshanky
Level 11
Level 11

Yes upto 780 phones can be run without using call manager if you have the right router model that supports Callmanager express. 7200 can support upto 780 or so phones. Minimum supported bundle is 24 and its a 2801. (in the ISR series) or the 1760.

http://www.cisco.com/en/US/products/sw/voicesw/ps4625/products_qanda_item09186a00801c6502.shtml

Sankar Nair
UC Solutions Architect
Pacific Northwest | CDW
CCIE Collaboration #17135 Emeritus

Hi,

Thanks for the reply.

I want the IP Phones to manage themselves instead of a call manager or Call Manager Express software.

It is possible with Ericsson & Dlink IP Phones. I just want to know is it possible in Cisco IP Phones.

Atleast 10 IP Phones in the same network should be able to talk to each other without any Call Manager Software.

Kindly let me know if it is possible.

Thanks and Regards,

R. Rajaraman.

I think with the SIP & H.323 images running on the phones instead of the SCCP image they can be effectively 'stand-alone'.

The Ericsson IP Phones are pretty much standard H.323 terminals so you would have a similar set of features I assume?

Andy

Thanks for the reply Andy....

If any documentary proof is available for the same...kindly let me know.....

The document should clarify that Cisco IP Phones can work without the help of any external software (Call Manager or CME).....

Thanks and Regards,

R. Rajaraman

Getting Started

Find answers to your questions by entering keywords or phrases in the Search bar above. New here? Use these resources to familiarize yourself with the community: