cancel
Views
Helpful
Replies

BARS 4.06 installing on CCM 4.1(2)

Chris Bomba
Level 4
Level 4

I am trying to install the newest version of bars on ccm 4.12. I don't have any previous version of bars on this ccm. When I try to install it, it will go through the process like normal but at the end it will say rolling back process and come back with an error. I am posting the log file for the install. Need to get backups done so any help with be appreciated.

1 Reply 1

allan.thomas
Level 8
Level 8

Firstly have you disabled the CSA intrusion detection and anti-virus whilst initiating the installation.

The log file that you posted indicates numerous errors, specifically the BackAdmin password phrase doesn't match on the Backup Server.

If the passwords do not match or if BARS cannot verify the passwords, you receive a warning message that asks whether you want to proceed. If you proceed and the passwords do not match, an error message appears in the log file, which is the case in this instance.

Administrator and BackAdmin passwords must match on the backup server and the backup target. BackAdmin passwords synchronize during BARS installation because servers have the same private phrase.

Synchronising the administrator passwords ensures a successful configuration, backup, or restoration

It is evident that you are installing BARS on the CCM as a Backup Server as opposed to Target, is this your intentional.

Do you intend to perform the backup on this server, as this will occur when you backup data?

Choose Backup Target if you want the server where you are performing the BARS installation to have its data backed up when the BARS backup process runs.

You must configure backup target as data source servers on the BARS administration screen, here you can configure a share on a third-party server for which to copy the archive to.