cancel
Views
Helpful
Replies

BARS Scheduler doesn't kick off backup sometimes

tbrokaw
Level 1
Level 1

I am on Call Manager 3.3.4 and BARS 4.0.2 and periodically when I check the BARS backup logs the scheduler looks like it will start, but it will only erase the old log file and then the backup will not run. In the past I have gone in and just re-enabled the scheduler and it would run the next night and for a while just fine. I had the same issue on Wednesday night, and Thursday I reset it like usual. Friday I checked the logs again and it didn't run. No errors or anything. So on Friday I restarted the BARS service under services and will wait to see if it runs tonight. Anyone have a similar issue? Help here?

6 Replies 6

cplatt01
Level 1
Level 1

I have had the same problem with BARS 4.0.6sr1. THe scheduler is enabled and the service is started. I can run a back up manually with no issue, but it is not kicked off at the scheduled time...

If I find anything I will post it here...

After restarting the BARS Scheduler Service in Windows services, the backup ran fine that night and since then. I had opened a ticket with Cisco and their recomendation was to upgrade to 4.0.6. Now that I hear you are having the same issue with the new client tells me they have a bug in the code. Hopefully you will be able to open a ticket with TAC about it. Please update me if you can on what they say about the newer version not running always with the scheduler.

allan.thomas
Level 8
Level 8

The symptoms you describe exactly match BugId CSCeg72733.

"Symptoms: BARS scheduler fails to start the backup. In the BARS logs, only the deletion of the old BARS logs is present.

Codition: Using BARS 4.0.5 to preform scheduled backups. CM 3.3.3sr1 and OS 2000.2.6sr5"

The issue according to the bug details is resolved in 4.0(6.1) and 4.0(6.2) However, the release notes specifically refer to this bug as being resolved in 4.0(6).

It was first identified in BARS 4.0.5, which would suggest that earlier versions are affected, as in your case.

Curious that last post mentions similar issues even though they are running 4.0(6.1). Although 4.0(6.2) is mentioned, this does not appear available.

Thanks for the update...I will contact TAC and see what they can do for us

I currently have a TAC Case opened...

I am eager to hear the outcome considering one of the above responses stated that bug about this being fixed in 4.0.6sr1. So thanks for the update and we all look forward to your response.