cancel
Views
Helpful
Replies

Best Headsets for SoftPhone

m1c
Level 1
Level 1

What are the best sound quality headsets (monaural wired, USB, monaural wireless, USB, monaural wireless, Bluetooth)? I've tried some that sound ok, and some that sound just horrible. And some Bluetooth Plantronics devices are not even seen by the SoftPhone.

BTW - we are still running CM 3.2(2c) (for now).

6 Replies 6

Rob Huffman
Hall of Fame
Hall of Fame

Hi Mike,

Headsets are of course a very personal "choice" type of item. We use Plantronics headsets and our users really like them. What version of softphone are you using? Here is a link to the supported Plantronics headsets for Cisco Softphone 1.3

http://www.plantronics.com/canada/en_US/productfinder/productlist.jhtml?refresh=all&mftr=CISCO%20SYSTEMS&_requestid=579398

There is also this new DA40 adaptor that will allow you to use a whole range of Plantronics headsets.

" The DA40 connects any Plantronics professional headset (for example, SupraPlus® headsets) to any softphone using the computer’s USB port — providing customers with an attractive alternative to consumer-grade headsets."

From this doc;

http://www.plantronics.com/canada/en_US/press/releases/index.jhtml?id=pr_20051021_1828_en_US

We personally like the H-171 headset.

Hope this helps!

Rob

Please remember to rate helpful posts

I travel a lot and absolutely swear by the Plantronics DSP-400. Light, foldable, great sound quality

We are using SoftPhone version v1.3(4a).

I assume there is a newer version that will work with CM v3.2(2c), but what is it?

mirko_david
Level 1
Level 1

I would recommend the Motorola HS820 bluetooth headset. But if you had trouble with Bluetooth before it might be a bad choice

What version of SoftPhone are you using, and how does the device description appear in the SoftPhone?

I have a related problem.  When I had to start working from home due to the Corona virus pandemic, I figured a USB headset would be perfect for use with Softphone so I wouldn't have to use the tablet's webcam microphone.  Wouldn't you know it... our local Fred Meyer had a Logitech USB headset on sale for $10 off!  However, after a week of using this combination, it's like there's a two-minute limit on the call before things start to go bad.  After a while, static starts to develop on the phone, the pitch starts to change, and then the call turns to total hash, and I have to hang up.  If I try to dial out, it still sounds harsh and garbled.  I then either have to unplug the USB headset or exit Softphone and restart it to restore service.

Does anyone else experience what I find?  I am starting to think it's hardware-related.  I am considering getting either a headset with a 3.5 mm jack, or possibly getting that Plantronics DA40 adaptor to use with my Plantronics headset from work if it's more a matter of that particular headset not playing nice with the setup.  I'd appreciate everyone's input.