cancel
Views
Helpful
Replies

Black border around playlist DMP 4310

jacobmumm
Level 1
Level 1

I'm using a playlist for html assets with the DMP 4310, but they all render with a black border. Is there any way to get rid of that?

EDIT: In DMS 5.3, the DMP 4310 was not able to render html, but we upgraded to 5.4 and are now able to render with this player, but not without black boxes around everything.       

5 Replies 5

Marco Cassini
Cisco Employee
Cisco Employee

Hi Jacob,

I don't see this issue with black border on DMP-4310 running 5.4. Which resolution have you chosen on the playlist? Make sure this is matching the resolution of the screen.

Regards,

Marco

Marco,

Our design goal involves using multiple html assets on the screen at the same time. I can see that, if a playlist with html asset was maximized, you wouldn't notice the border. So when I want multiple small html playlist "widgets", I always see the border around each one. How am I supposed to deal with this?

Thanks,

Jake

Hi Jackob,

It is a bit difficult to understand what exactly you are seeing without screenshots/videos. However, I can give you the following suggestions:

- try to overlap a little the margins the "all media playlists" containing the HTML assets. This should cut out borders.

- change the background color of the "all media playlists" to white, or whatever the color of your HTML widgets is. This way even if a small border is still there, it will still be unnoticed.

Thanks,

Marco

Marco,

Take a look at these two images. The border appears more 3D, sunken, in preview mode.. but on the DMP it is uniformly black all around.

What I have here are three playlists with the same html asset, which is an html file containing:

Hello

Additionally, I have tested with only an html snippet by itself in a file with the same results.

The background on all three playlists is white. The html code is entirely without added styles.

Hi Jackob,

I have just done a quick test with 3 playlists containing your hello page. I actually don't see the issue at all in the preview, all is white with no borders; however, I do indeed see the black borders on the DMP screen when deploying the presentation.

The only workaround I could find is as per previous suggestion, if you overlap the border of two media playlists, then that black border does not appear anymore.

An alternative, probably quicker option could be to create a container web page with inside your widget pages (inside frames components), then display that container web page full screen, so you would avoid the borders completely.

If you want to pursue further if those black border are actually expected or not and look for other potential workarounds, I would recommend you to raise a TAC Service Request so that this can be tested further.

Best Regards,

Marco