cancel
Views
Helpful
Replies

Blocking a caller with MGCP

jaywydra
Level 1
Level 1

I've seen a couple of threads on this. I have a harassing caller I want to block from coming in on my MGCP gateway. Has Cisco figured out a way to do this yet? Does anyone know of any trickery to make this happen?

4 Replies 4

gary.mattson
Level 1
Level 1

Not completely fool-proof but if the caller is coming from the same DN you could create a translation pattern and select Block This Pattern. The digits you enter depends on how many the telco is passing. For example if he is calling from 555-7099 and you are receiving 7099 then that's the pattern. Problem is if someone else matches this they get blocked too so the more digits passed the better.

Thanks but I thought the translation pattern matched on called number and not calling number. Am I wrong?

You're 100% correct. I don't know of a way to do this, except by routing all inbound PSTN calls to either Personal Assistant, or CRA, and have a script which decides whether to route the call or disconnect it.

Why don't you ask the phone company if they can do it?

Getting Started

Find answers to your questions by entering keywords or phrases in the Search bar above. New here? Use these resources to familiarize yourself with the community: